Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What To Do?
Unregistered 12:05 PM 03-17-2014
I am a member but logged out for privacy. What a day and there are still about three hours left. I am thinking of terming this dcg who I've had since September. She will be three in May and has no interest in potty training. She has brought so much craziness to my daycare and household. She's the kind of kid who can get into things she isn't supposed to faster than you can blink. One day she got her hands on a bottle of craft paint from our art supply cabinet and splattered paint all over my play room carpet. She is constantly snatching toys from the other kids just for the heck of it; she doesn't even want to play with the toy, just to be mean. She hits, pulls hair, pinches. She yells all the time. She is quick to anger. A few months ago I discovered she had lice and miraculously none of the other kids did although everyone treated as if they did, including me. She poops at least three times a day here...big, messy, poops. I don't really mind changing diapers, that comes with the territory. BUT today she came walking past me with poop covering both of her hands. I actually had to fight not to vomit. A few months ago her dad told me she "painted" with poop when she was supposed to be napping at home. I remember thinking to myself that that would be a deal breaker if it happened at my house. The whole day every day is disrupted by her behavior. I feel like I cannot focus on anyone or anything else. She is almost three and this is her first daycare experience. And the kicker is that her dad is someone I knew in jr high and high school so it's even more awkward to discuss her behavior or term her. Thoughts?
Scribbles 12:09 PM 03-17-2014
I would just term and say you are not the right fit for her. You don't have to be negative about it at all. Just say, you are not able to meet her needs and an environment that is perhaps a bit more busy or has a few more hands available to keep an eye on her would be better for her.

Sometimes if I am afraid the parent might be really upset, I will use all positives and just say their kid is too advanced for my program and since I can't meet their needs, they are acting up because they are bored or not being challenged enough.

That usually pacifies the parent enough that there are no hard feelings.
KidGrind 12:12 PM 03-17-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I am a member but logged out for privacy. What a day and there are still about three hours left. I am thinking of terming this dcg who I've had since September. She will be three in May and has no interest in potty training. She has brought so much craziness to my daycare and household. She's the kind of kid who can get into things she isn't supposed to faster than you can blink. One day she got her hands on a bottle of craft paint from our art supply cabinet and splattered paint all over my play room carpet. She is constantly snatching toys from the other kids just for the heck of it; she doesn't even want to play with the toy, just to be mean. She hits, pulls hair, pinches. She yells all the time. She is quick to anger. A few months ago I discovered she had lice and miraculously none of the other kids did although everyone treated as if they did, including me. She poops at least three times a day here...big, messy, poops. I don't really mind changing diapers, that comes with the territory. BUT today she came walking past me with poop covering both of her hands. I actually had to fight not to vomit. A few months ago her dad told me she "painted" with poop when she was supposed to be napping at home. I remember thinking to myself that that would be a deal breaker if it happened at my house. The whole day every day is disrupted by her behavior. I feel like I cannot focus on anyone or anything else. She is almost three and this is her first daycare experience. And the kicker is that her dad is someone I knew in jr high and high school so it's even more awkward to discuss her behavior or term her. Thoughts?
Heck it’s your sanity. It’s your business. It’s your home. You are willing to sacrifice a piece of mind because of acquaintance from jr high or high school? Is her presence worth loosing your other clients in care?
KidGrind 12:13 PM 03-17-2014
Originally Posted by Scribbles:
I will use all positives and just say their kid is too advanced for my program and since I can't meet their needs, they are acting up because they are bored or not being challenged enough.

That usually pacifies the parent enough that there are no hard feelings.

Unregistered 12:22 PM 03-17-2014
Thank you. You guys are helping to put it in perspective. Did I mention that she rarely naps and is not quiet while the others do?
Heidi 12:28 PM 03-17-2014
Thank you. You guys are helping to put it in perspective. Did I mention that she rarely naps and is not quiet while the others do?
You don't have to convince us, and you don't have to feel guilty. Just do what you need to do.
FCCarmyprovider 12:38 PM 03-17-2014
if she is causing you stress and affecting the overall mood of the other dcks id term. I don't put up with that stuff. Good luck!
sharlan 01:49 PM 03-17-2014
It really sounds like it's time for this child to move on.
My3cents 12:09 PM 03-18-2014
deal breaker-

nap is not just for the kids, its for me to have some down time- no way.

Who cares if you knew the father back in the day, its not like your buddy buddy now?

I would work with the child- but that is me. I know my tolerance level. Little miss would be my shadow and learn the word NO fast~ she would be so busy she wouldn't have time to get into much trouble. Dad would be working with me to correct behaviors. Then if I had exhausted all efforts I would have to let the child go, move on....

I wish you the best~
DaisyMamma 10:52 AM 03-19-2014
Bye bye!
Tags:misbehavior, terminate
Reply Up