Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Termination for Basically no Reason?
Emlang20 10:53 AM 11-19-2018
I have a child who comes to me 3 days, every other week due to a custody situation. Basically, theres no reason for me to terminate them, besides that the dad creeps me out, I feel like I'm just waiting for something bad to happen with this family. Dad just gave his work two weeks notice and I feel like now is a good time to let them go. Obviously I can't say I'm terminating because you're a creeper, but can I just give no reason at all?
rosieteddy 11:00 AM 11-19-2018
Why not say do to the circumstances of his job you will no longer offer every other week care.Then give notice immediately .
Meeko 11:41 AM 11-19-2018
Just tell him that your working situation has changed (it has...you are no longer comfortable) and you have to let them go. No further explanation is needed.

And you are not terminating for "no reason". Being uncomfortable in your own home IS a reason.
boy_mom 11:47 AM 11-19-2018
Originally Posted by Meeko:
Just tell him that your working situation has changed (it has...you are no longer comfortable) and you have to let them go. No further explanation is needed.

And you are not terminating for "no reason". Being uncomfortable in your own home IS a reason.
Yep! You have a reason and you are not obligated to explain your decision!
Emlang20 01:58 PM 11-19-2018
Okay, so my contract says I give them two weeks notice of termination. If this week is her off week, how should I let him know? I would like next week (her on-week) to be her last. Do you think emailing him a term letter is appropriate?
mommyneedsadayoff 02:03 PM 11-19-2018
Originally Posted by Emlang20:
Okay, so my contract says I give them two weeks notice of termination. If this week is her off week, how should I let him know? I would like next week (her on-week) to be her last. Do you think emailing him a term letter is appropriate?
If they make you uncomfortable, as Meeko said, you have a reason for terminating. You don't have to spell that out for them, but it's still a reason and quite honestly you don't even need a reason. I would give them notice on Monday when they return that this is their two notice and will be their last week of care. That is technically two weeks, as stated in your contract. Keep in mind, some people do not take termination very well, so I would make sure your payment for this week is secure and be prepared for them to get upset and not return for the full week of care.
boy_mom 04:45 PM 11-19-2018
Originally Posted by Emlang20:
Yes emailing is appropriate, especially if he makes you uncomfortable!
Tags:terminate
Reply Up