Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Is This Normal?
WDW 12:19 PM 04-27-2011
I have a 10.5 month old DCG in my care. She is not holding her bottle (not even trying to), isn't crawling or sitting up. She is just starting to stay in a sitting up position if you put her there, but she doesn't yet get up or down by herself. She only eats stage two baby foods which are completely pureed, stuff like this, so I am wondering if she is maybe a little behind on development. I work with her everyday...

I guess my question is this.. she rolls around the floor like crazy (which is good)... but she is always putting her bottom up against things, and then kicking like crazy. For example, she snugs her bottom up to the wall and then kicks the wall, puts her bottom along my entertainment center and kicks the dvd player, she does it everywhere. It's starting to be annoying because it's not good for the dvd player, and it wakes up kids when she kicks the walls. She also is very loud, "talking" and crying a lot. Any ideas? I don't really want to confine her to a gated area, but I can't think of much else.
Tags:baby gym, developmentally delayed, gym, preemie
Up