Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Any Ideas For The Mothers Day Craft From Babies?
cheerfuldom 12:46 PM 05-03-2011
Having a hard time thinking of something the babies can do to give to mom for mothers day. I have 4 under 2 years old so I was thinking maybe something with their handprint. Any ideas for any other crafts that they can contribute something to the finish product? Two of them are under 1 years old and not "crafting" age at all yet.
Michelle 01:10 PM 05-03-2011
probably just a picture of them in a frame or hand or foot print with a poem
Christian Mother 01:14 PM 05-03-2011
I always go to this sight to get ideals. I also have 4 little ones all under 3yrs of age. One of which is 1 1/2. I do lots of hand and footprint crafts with him as well as the rest and the parents love it.

http://funhandprintart.blogspot.com/...thers-day.html

We are planning on doing this one and also the Teacup one with the Teacup Poem for Mother's Day. Hope this helps!!
cheerfuldom 01:36 PM 05-03-2011
thanks for that link!!! exactly what I am looking for. Did you see the towel with the handprints?
Lucy 02:40 PM 05-03-2011
Originally Posted by Christian Mother:
I always go to this sight to get ideals. I also have 4 little ones all under 3yrs of age. One of which is 1 1/2. I do lots of hand and footprint crafts with him as well as the rest and the parents love it.

We are planning on doing this one and also the Teacup one with the Teacup Poem for Mother's Day. Hope this helps!!
Thanks for that site. I'm going to do the handprint flowers on craft foam sheets. The bigger kids are doing something a little more elaborate, but I wondered what I would do for my 2 year old girl. We'll make a vase of 6 different colored handprints cut from craft foam sheets!! Problem solved!!
dEHmom 05:42 AM 05-04-2011
i posted in another mother's day thread...

this is what i did with my babies....

i wrote out a poem on a cheap flower pot...

This flower is for you, Mom.

It's a (geranium), you see.

It's growing more and more each day.

It's really just like me!

So I'm giving you this flower

With a note that's oh so true.

And when you watch this flower grow

You'll know that, "I love you."

then I put a handprint of each child on it. and we planted 2 geraniums into each pot. one is white geranium one is different (like orchid geranium or rose geranium)

i spent a total of 9 dollars on all items.
SilverSabre25 05:55 AM 05-04-2011
Originally Posted by Christian Mother:

I think we'll do this one, since my kiddos are all pretty young. I was *going* to have us paint flowerpots and plant flowers in them, but that sounds like a good outside activity...and the weather is NOT cooperating! I hadn't bought the stuff yet either.
Cat Herder 06:26 AM 05-04-2011
My original project was ruined in the storms recently (plants grown in personalized planters) so my families will be getting 1 gal Japanese Maple trees and a hand print yard plaque from their kiddos to plant in their yards.
SandeeAR 08:04 AM 05-04-2011
Mine are 18 mo, 13 mo and 9 mo. I reworded a poem from my DD at Kindergarten age. I'm putting it on a colored sheet and putting handprints on each side.

Here are my hands
They’ve come to say
“We wish you a
Happy Mother’s Day!”

And soon they will be
So big and strong,
They will want to be
Helpful right along.
Christian Mother 08:40 AM 05-04-2011
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
thanks for that link!!! exactly what I am looking for. Did you see the towel with the handprints?
I just did!! Very cute!! I want to try that for the next project...I am not familiar with iron on's just yet so I will def. need to practice to get it perfect and be comfortable...
melskids 08:52 AM 05-04-2011
i had a tub of plaster of paris kicking around, so we made hand and foot impressions in playdough (i didnt have plasticine to make the mold) and then filled the mold with plaster of paris.

we will paint them when they get hard

they will now have life size hands and feet to use a "paperweights" or whatever they want to do with them...lol
Tags:mother's day - baby crafts, mother's day ideas
Reply Up