Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Refund
Erica 09:58 AM 08-20-2012
Good afternoon! I'm wondering if anyone here can help me or give me some advise on an issue I'm having with my sons previous daycare center. He attended this daycare center for 2 1/2 years. I recently removed him from the center and placed him at a different center closer to me. On top of that I had been having a lot of problems with the director and the assistant. Even though I tried to ride it out because my son and I absolutely adored his teacher, I just couldn't take it anymore. His father does not pay child support, the only form of child support given was that he would make a daycare payment every other week as would I as indicated on an informal child support agreement. He has not made anymore payments since June and stated that he no longer will because of an argument we had. I applied for child care assistance and was approved therefore some of the payments made were credited to our account which had us paid up through November. Now that I moved him I asked for a refund the director that I have been having all these issues with is now stating that she will not refund the funds to me but will be issuing the refund to his father. Is this legal? He did not enroll my son and I am the only person listed on the enrollment form. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
MarinaVanessa 10:49 AM 08-20-2012
If you are caught up until November because of the childcare assistance you should contact your child care assistance case worker for help with this. Any payments made from child care assistance should cover your child's child care up to the point that the child left including any termination periods and fees. Any leftover assistance should be returned back to your child care assistance program. They can better help you with this problem.

If your child's father made payments towards the child's childcare which overlapped your childcare asistance then that money is legally due back to the child's father. For example you alternate payments for 2 months then this month he makes a payment but you qualified for childcare assistance which covered the entire month then he gets that week of tuition credited back to him. See what I mean? So if you have a credit on your account because of the money that your chid's father and you paid because the childcare assistance program back-payed several payments then whoeve made payments for those times should get a refund.

I am not sure why only the child's father is getting a refund in either case unless there is more facts that weren't explained above.
Tags:refund
Reply Up