Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Am Always Disappointed
sahm2three 01:46 PM 12-21-2011
I should have such high hopes for doing projects with the daycare kids. There is always a couple babies screaming, so doing anything with the 1 and 2 yo's is almost impossible. Today has been a nightmare. So ready for this week to be over! Our 7 mo dcb and our 10 week old dcb have both screamed constantly all day. I have two kids who have just gone around calling the other kids stupid and telling everyone to shut up. The 1 yo's didn't understand that they couldn't just eat all the cookies. So they screamed. Ugh. This week is almost over!
grandmom 03:09 PM 12-21-2011
Hang in there. The week's almost over.

At age 1 or 2 I don't do too much organized. They don't need it really.

Cut yourself some slack. Just love them. And hide the cookies.
MNMum 03:34 PM 12-21-2011
I agree with PP. I only provide projects for my 3 yos and if my 2 yo wants to participate he can. Wouldn't even consider it for my 1 yo's. They eat the crayons (or markers...)
daycare 03:46 PM 12-21-2011
sorry not to sound rude, but this is exactly why I dont take babies.. I want to do projects and I feel if you have babies you cant do both. At least I know taht I cant.

I tired to do both and it did not work out. So now I only take 20 months to 5 years. We are all on the same schedule and my 20 month olds try to do everything everyone else does

maybe you should try to forgo the projects until everyone is on the same page....try doing more Montessori play with the older ones....
sahm2three 06:05 PM 12-21-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
sorry not to sound rude, but this is exactly why I dont take babies.. I want to do projects and I feel if you have babies you cant do both. At least I know taht I cant.

I tired to do both and it did not work out. So now I only take 20 months to 5 years. We are all on the same schedule and my 20 month olds try to do everything everyone else does

maybe you should try to forgo the projects until everyone is on the same page....try doing more Montessori play with the older ones....
I agree. I will NOT take another baby. I was thinking 18 months will be the youngest I will take. Tell me what Montessori play is.
Christian Mother 06:22 PM 12-21-2011
Don't call me mary popin's but I have a 1 1/2 mo dcb, 5 1/2 mo, (2) 2 1/2, a p/t 3 yr old and my own 2 children (9yr son/ 4 1/2 daughter)...All did crafts. Today we did a handprint Christmas Tree, Yesterday Christmas Thumbprint Ordiments, Tomorrow we will be doing Christmas Bells. I just do what I can and if we can't we can't. My baby sleeps all day long and gets up every 3 hrs for a bottle and change and some play the 5 mos is teething so she is fussy but if I have her right by me I can distract her with toys that attach to her belt buckle on the high chair and the toy is long enough to sit on the tray but not fall on the floor. I try to finish all the project while it's nap time. Sometimes it works some times it doesn't.
Crazy8 07:03 PM 12-21-2011
I had one of those days today too but I don't really have a problem with the babies - I only take one under about 15 months at a time, and I purposely schedule our craft time during his morning nap. I find that works best for me. I did need him for a footprint xmas gift for the parents so just did his another time.
Tags:chaotic time, long week, overwhelmed, screams all day
Reply Up