Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Weekly Receipts?
Indoorvoice 08:54 AM 10-24-2015
If I do an end of year receipt for my clients, do I have to do weekly receipts if they ask? I just made one client switch to cash because for some reason she is only one who has issues paying online. Her card won't work, hackers were trying to get into her account, the site was down, etc.. Weird how everyone else pays online just fine... Anyway, I think she's just trying to make it hard on me, and says if she pays cash, she wants a weekly receipt, which I guess I can understand, but if I already do an end of year receipt, am I required to give her a weekly one?
LysesKids 08:58 AM 10-24-2015
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
If I do an end of year receipt for my clients, do I have to do weekly receipts if they ask? I just made one client switch to cash because for some reason she is only one who has issues paying online. Her card won't work, hackers were trying to get into her account, the site was down, etc.. Weird how everyone else pays online just fine... Anyway, I think she's just trying to make it hard on me, and says if she pays cash, she wants a weekly receipt, which I guess I can understand, but if I already do an end of year receipt, am I required to give her a weekly one?
I always give a paper receipt for cash ( done on duplicate receipt book) - why? because it's your paper trail proving she paid you in case she comes back & says I paid for this week & she really didn't; another reason is back up for tax trail. Also, do you charge for days you are closed for illness, if not one week she might owe less - in that case it keeps your records up to date so the end of year paperwork adds up... A paper trail could save you incase of a court situation too
Indoorvoice 09:02 AM 10-24-2015
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
I always give a paper receipt for cash ( done on duplicate receipt book) - why? because it's your paper trail proving she paid you in case she comes back & says I paid for this week & she really didn't; another reason is taxes... do you charge for days you are closed for illness, if not one week she might owe less - in that case it keeps your records up to date so the end of year paperwork adds up
I do account for all of that on minute menu whether they pay online or with cash, so I actually DO have a paper trail for myself, but is it OK that I don't give her a weekly receipt and just the end of year receipt like I do for everyone else? I can even print out the record of every single payment, I just don't want to bother with it weekly. She picks up at a chaotic time and I see myself making mistakes.
spedmommy4 09:22 AM 10-24-2015
Do your clients use childcare pay through minute menu? I set up recurring invoices through the system and my clients tell me they can see the payments I log into the Minute menu/childcare pay system.

If not, I would give weekly receipts. I don't know if it's required by law but it's certainly best business practice. If you're concerned about timing, just prepare a a few receipts ahead of time and only give them to her when you receive payment. (Then you would only have to date the receipt on the spot)
Indoorvoice 09:29 AM 10-24-2015
Originally Posted by spedmommy4:
Do your clients use childcare pay through minute menu? I set up recurring invoices through the system and my clients tell me they can see the payments I log into the Minute menu/childcare pay system.

If not, I would give weekly receipts. I don't know if it's required by law but it's certainly best business practice. If you're concerned about timing, just prepare a a few receipts ahead of time and only give them to her when you receive payment. (Then you would only have to date the receipt on the spot)
Yes, they do and I also send out invoices even if they pay with cash, so I should be covered then , correct?
Indoorvoice 09:31 AM 10-24-2015
I just don't want to tell her no and then have it be illegal or something. Everything should be trackable for her, she just has to log in herself.
spedmommy4 11:50 AM 10-24-2015
I just don't want to tell her no and then have it be illegal or something. Everything should be trackable for her, she just has to log in herself.
I think so. I cant see the client side after they log in and change their passwords. I'm just going by what parents have told me. Once a parent told me that she could see the payments, I stopped issuing weekly receipts.

I had one dcd who was really concerned about my record keeping. (He had been burned before). I printed him out a really detailed report from minute menu and he never brought it up again.

I suppose if you wanted to be certain you could email childcare pay and ask them what parents are able to see when they log in. Then you would know for sure.
spedmommy4 11:56 AM 10-24-2015
Here is the information

https://www.childcarepay.com

Under frequently asked questions, it says that you can click on an invoice and see the payments you have made. It doesn't specify that those payments have to be electronic. Since it is linked to minute menu, I assume that those recorded payments show up as well.
Indoorvoice 03:48 PM 10-24-2015
Originally Posted by spedmommy4:
Here is the information

https://www.childcarepay.com

Under frequently asked questions, it says that you can click on an invoice and see the payments you have made. It doesn't specify that those payments have to be electronic. Since it is linked to minute menu, I assume that those recorded payments show up as well.
Wow thank you so much for all your help! I just asked a parent I'm really close with and she's going to send me screen shots of what her side looks like, so that should help too. Thanks again!
spedmommy4 04:47 PM 10-24-2015
Wow thank you so much for all your help! I just asked a parent I'm really close with and she's going to send me screen shots of what her side looks like, so that should help too. Thanks again!
Happy to help 😀
Tags:receipts, weekly receipts
Reply Up