Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sharing Photos Online W/Families
Abigail 10:44 PM 01-23-2013
Does anyone use a website or private way to share photos of the daycare kids online? Does anyone have specific log in names/passwords for parents on a site where they can choose which pictures to print? One parent recommended shutterly I think and I've never used it. What do you do that is secure but digital so I don't have to print photos yet parents can access them?
Holiday Park 03:57 AM 01-24-2013
I have the free version of the freewebs website account. I can do private photo albums that are password protected. As far as the password, I think the way it works is the clients you allow to sign up as "members" can create their own own password to view the password protected pages. Correct me if I'm wrong. Its been a few years since I signed up with mine.
Lianne 04:54 AM 01-24-2013
I created a completely separate facebook account under my daycare name. It's completely private and I add clients and their direct families (grandparent or an involved aunt, etc) only and once a client leaves care they're removed from the group after 2 weeks. It works for me. I like setting up albums for each month and all my families are on facebook. It's not happened yet but should a family not want their child photographed or their photos posted, I'd honour that without a problem.
canadiancare 05:01 AM 01-24-2013
I only use email to send photos back and forth. I don't post them online.
daycare 08:32 AM 01-24-2013
i use picasa web albums. MIne are private by invite only and are free as long as you stay within the storage limits. Which is easy to do as long as you delete old ones when you reach your storage limit.

I love how easy it is to load straight from my iphone too. I love love love this program....

Oh and my new camera that I just got for xmas also will upload straight to picasa web albums.....
daycarediva 10:51 AM 01-24-2013
Originally Posted by Lianne:
I created a completely separate facebook account under my daycare name. It's completely private and I add clients and their direct families (grandparent or an involved aunt, etc) only and once a client leaves care they're removed from the group after 2 weeks. It works for me. I like setting up albums for each month and all my families are on facebook. It's not happened yet but should a family not want their child photographed or their photos posted, I'd honour that without a problem.
This. Parents can save the photos they want and order them however they chose. Works well for me & I get positive feedback.
kitykids3 01:23 PM 01-24-2013
Back when I used to do this, I used Snapfish. It was password protected, which I only gave to the parents so they could go on when they wanted to look/print.
Lucy 01:35 PM 01-24-2013
You can certainly do a photo storage site, but I set up a free blog at blogspot.com and post pictures with a little story whenever I have time. I made it invitation only and the parents have to sign up and create a password -- however, I have to approve them first! Actually, I enter their email address and it sends them an invitation to join. So nobody can see the photos that I didn't invite to join in. And I can delete them at any time. When people leave, I delete them. I've had them ask if sister or grandma can join, and of course I allow it.

As far as the pictures, they can right-click them and open them up in their computer's picture program. Then they can do with them whatever they want.

It's a little better than just emailing the photos or having them on a shutterfly or snapfish type storage site, because they get a little story with the pictures. It's a blog entry. It also has a thing that shows me who has visited and when. I can see who isn't checking the site, and then just prompt them by sending them an email saying something like "New pictures on the blog!!" That usually gets them to start checking it again.
Abigail 04:00 PM 01-24-2013
How can you order prints off facebook though? Just by saving them and sending them via internet to print at a local store or something?

I originally thought it was called shutterfly, but I think it was called photobucket. Anyone use that with a password protect? I personally would like to stay away from fb because I have a fb page and don't want any families to add me and I'm sure a few of my families are not fb friendly. I'll have to look into the picasa (spelling) site as well. I don't have a fancy phone so everything would have to go via my laptop.
daycare 04:03 PM 01-24-2013
Originally Posted by Abigail:
How can you order prints off facebook though? Just by saving them and sending them via internet to print at a local store or something?

I originally thought it was called shutterfly, but I think it was called photobucket. Anyone use that with a password protect? I personally would like to stay away from fb because I have a fb page and don't want any families to add me and I'm sure a few of my families are not fb friendly. I'll have to look into the picasa (spelling) site as well. I don't have a fancy phone so everything would have to go via my laptop.
the only reason I wont do FB is because I don't want the parents to have the option to leave comments about pictures. NOt everyone shares that same sense of humor so I just think its better to not have this option...
daycarediva 04:34 PM 01-24-2013
There is an option to not allow comments.
nothingwithoutjoy 08:48 PM 01-24-2013
Originally Posted by Lucy:
It also has a thing that shows me who has visited and when.
Can you tell me how you do this? I already have a blogspot blog, but hadn't found that feature. Would love to know who's reading and who isn't!
Lucy 08:09 PM 01-26-2013
Originally Posted by nothingwithoutjoy:
Can you tell me how you do this? I already have a blogspot blog, but hadn't found that feature. Would love to know who's reading and who isn't!
http://feedjit.com/

I actually have the free version, which is quite adequate.
Tags:online, photo share, photos, pictures, privacy, shutterfly
Reply Up