Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Finally Settled!
Sumshine 12:51 PM 03-09-2017
Well I think within 3 months of opening I am where I need to be!

I have purchased my last items on my "wish list" when I opened and couldn't get every last thing I wanted with my budget.. Although I am glad it worked out this way as I found I don't need as much stuff as I thought I would

I feel I am on a great schedule/routine with the kiddos and we are all having a genuinely good time on a daily basis! Time flies during the day and the weeks are going by so fast!

My parents have grown a lot with me in the past few months as well. No policy issues at all, paying on time, communicating, etc!

No sick kiddos in a few weeks *knock on wood*

My worst DCM who was causing me a lot of stress has been long termed and she got over her "rampage" against me and my business and I've happily moved on!

I secured my last open spot until my license change in Dec! DCG starts on the 15th as we have to wait until she officially turns 2. She is only coming 3 days a week but still paying my FT rate so that will be nice!

Haven't had a new addition since the beginning of January so I'm a little nervous but I know we will adjust and move on if not that's what the 2 week trial period is for lol! DCG will be my first girl here! It's been all boys but we don't mind playing dolls, dress up, etc so I know she will feel welcomed and have playmates here! She played with my son for a bit during the interview and was very patient and great with sharing! This isn't her first daycare rodeo like most of my other kiddos so I'm thinking it should be a smoother transition.

All in all I don't feel like I'm barely keeping my head afloat! I'm not exhausted, and my head isn't spinning with "need to get this done... need to get that done... oh no I forgot to fill this out.. wait what is the rule about this??? Or that???"

The first few months were a lot but I'm glad I braved through it! I am excited to see where this journey will take me!

I would like to thank everyone on here for the always empowering advice and experiences everyone has shared! It has truly helped me so much I don't know where I would be without this forum helping me realize it's okay to do things to suit YOUR business needs!
CityGarden 01:17 PM 03-09-2017
So glad to hear this update! I just opened so I am tweaking things here and there.... handbook, etc.

CONGRATS!!!!!
AmyKidsCo 01:29 PM 03-09-2017
Congratulations!
Sumshine 01:32 PM 03-09-2017
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
So glad to hear this update! I just opened so I am tweaking things here and there.... handbook, etc.

CONGRATS!!!!!
I did a complete overhaul on my handbook and made all parents read and sign it about 1.5 months in lol! It feels great! Now I'm just waiting for this nice weather to come through! I live in MN and I'm ready for some SUMMER

It's been a fluctuation of warm (ish) to super cold... some snow and some rain and we had a flipping tornado Monday night! Earliest one in MN history! 2 miles from my house! Lost power for hours and thankfully no damage on my end but not to far up the road people still don't have power and there is A LOT of damage!
Reply Up