Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DC Parents Back From Malaysia...
HeidiH 06:38 PM 03-12-2020
So I recently wrote about my dc family traveling to Malaysia. I asked them to stay home for two weeks to monitor symptoms. My fault, but I did not ask them if they had fallen sick during those two weeks. They brought their child back on Mon and all seemed well. Tuesday she began to have a runny nose, which progressed to a cough on Wednesday. I wasn't too concerned because she had no fever, but by the time she left to go home on Wednesday evening, she looked BAD. Pale, red nose, and her cough was dry and hacking. It progressed fast. Her mom texted me an hour after that she would be staying home the rest of the week because she had developed a fever.

I live in Mn, where the cases of covid19 are just beginning to multiply daily. I texted them today for an update, and whether or not they were going to take her into the doctor's office, but I haven't heard back. I guess I'm just looking for input here... I already asked them to stay home for 2 weeks prior. If she gets diagnosed with something like the flu, or an ear infection, all is well. My concern, and maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but my concern is that they don't take her into the Dr. They tend to lean towards holistic measures, offering her coconut water and herbal remedies. I want to help prevent the quick multiplication of this virus, and I have a responsibility to keep my family and my other families healthy. What kind of illness policy should take place in a situation like this, especially if they just ride it out with her with no diagnosis? Any input is appreciated.
Tags:coronavirus, exclusion policy, illness policy, quarantine, self quarantine
Up