Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Bright Horizons
Unregistered 11:55 AM 03-27-2011
Is anyone familiar with this company? Apparently they are everywhere and recently moved into my area. Does anyone know how much they charge weekly for each age (our local one won't tell you until you have completed an interview/visit)? Has anyone worked here and is willing to share the details?
momatheart 12:11 PM 03-27-2011
I have heard of them. Go check them out it never hurts and see what they have to offer for the money.
Unregistered 05:18 PM 03-27-2011
I used to work as a teacher for Bright Horizons. For a corporate child care center, they seem to be one of the best. They never would allow teachers to be out of ratio (which does happen in corporate child care more than you would like), used Creative Curriculum, which has the teachers plan activities based on the children's interests. They are also very good at keeping up to date on what's going on in the childcare field and knowing what are appropriate interactions and such.

I'm sure that to some extent this does depend on the director and your child's specific teachers, but overall, I have experienced good things from this company and have heard good things about this company.
Aya477 08:43 AM 03-29-2011
My son is at a Bright Horizons center and it is by far the BEST place he has been enrolled--tried 4 daycares total. I have had zero complaints about the center and cannot say enough great things about their curriculum and what my son gets to experience. It however is the most expensive daycare in our area--Charlotte, NC. Newborn is $1060/month and pre-k is $935/month so as you can see the rates do not drop very much as the child ages. My only disappointment is that they do not offer regular after school care--only summer programs.

With that said, you should always look into their licensing thru your state licensing entity.
ninosqueridos 09:49 AM 03-29-2011
In central jersey (FOUR YEARS AGO), it was almost $1400/mo for an infant and $1050/mo for a three year old. That was more expensive than surrounding centers.

I didn't chose the place by me for my son because the bathroom linking the two 3yo classes was covered in urine and grossed me out (we had to walk through the bathroom during the tour and I almost fell when slipping on the urine).

Lots of dried up crusty noses in the young toddler room as well. That kind of stuff just doesn't sit well with me, but of course every center is different.

On a plus side, the teachers seemed fulltime, steady & educated and not just fill-in high school students.
Tags:bright horizons
Reply Up