Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need To Vent This Is My HOME!!
Unregistered 06:15 AM 06-22-2012
Sorry, need to vent to someone!

I love summers since my own children are home and my 13 year old son had a couple of friends stay last night. Their shoes were at the front door and I just had a day care boy (4 yr) come in and say to his mom, "where will my shoes go?" She say, "we'll just move theirs over here" as she throws the 3 pair of MY sons and his friends shoes in a pile. I was fuming! I took their shoes and said, "Here, let me move these, i am sorry, but I DO live here you know!" She acted mad and didn't say much and left.

I am SO tired of rude parents. Yes, I am a child care during the day, but this is also my families home and if I want to put our shoes by the door by golly I will!!

Ok, I think I feel better
SilverSabre25 06:22 AM 06-22-2012
I agree, that was pretty rude of her. If it makes you feel any better, I feel this ridiculous and irrational annoyance when dck shoes end up on the side of the landing with my family's shoes. The fact that their shoes often get buried, they get annoyed that they can't find their shoes, and they have been known to try and insist that my daughter's shoes are theirs just adds to it I think.
bunnyslippers 06:32 AM 06-22-2012
So annoying. I can't stand when comments are made about my house. I keep it very clean...but my family does live here. How rude!
cheerfuldom 06:40 AM 06-22-2012
that was so rude on the moms part, goodness sake! i dont know what they are thinking when they do this. apparently they own your house and everything in it.
littlemissmuffet 08:46 AM 06-22-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Sorry, need to vent to someone!

I love summers since my own children are home and my 13 year old son had a couple of friends stay last night. Their shoes were at the front door and I just had a day care boy (4 yr) come in and say to his mom, "where will my shoes go?" She say, "we'll just move theirs over here" as she throws the 3 pair of MY sons and his friends shoes in a pile. I was fuming! I took their shoes and said, "Here, let me move these, i am sorry, but I DO live here you know! " She acted mad and didn't say much and left.

I am SO tired of rude parents. Yes, I am a child care during the day, but this is also my families home and if I want to put our shoes by the door by golly I will!!

Ok, I think I feel better

Good for you!!

You putting this parent in her place and standing up for yourself and your home totally made my day!
Hunni Bee 10:18 AM 06-22-2012
I'd be angry if a parent walked into my classroom at work and tossed something into a pile. How awesomely rude, and a rotten thing to teach your child.

Way to go for bringing this lady back down to earth.
originalkat 12:07 PM 06-22-2012
Very rude for her to throw them in a pile. But I do try to have our shoes moved out of the way when daycare parents arrive. I don't want them to regret choosing home care over center care ya know? It is so hard to balance LIVING in your home and still keeping it looking and feeling professional since people are paying for a service. But parents should be understanding. I'm sure they don't know what it is like to be ready for visitors EVERY DAY!
DCMom 12:56 PM 06-22-2012
Geez, some people. One of the little annoyances of this business. They think they own the place and never seem to understand that we live in our houses with our families when they aren't present.

I have daycare 100% in my basement now (separate entrance and all ) but when it was still in my main living area, I always tried to keep my family and the daycare as separate as possible. My family came and went thru the garage service door and kept all their shoes, coats, backpacks, etc all their things in the laundry/mud room. It was adjacent to the kitchen/family room which was their area of the house.

The daycare parents came in thru the front door and kept their things in the front coat closet adjacent to the former-formal-living room/dining room-turned daycare area.

My kids have grown up and moved away and still come into the house thru the garage service door, lol!
Crazy8 08:08 PM 06-23-2012
oh you don't even want to know how many times I've wanted to tell parents when they take over my mortgage payment they can start touching non-daycare items in my home, LOL!!!!

Good for you for saying something back!!
Missani 01:06 PM 06-27-2012
I honestly just put this in my newsletter! My daycare is in my basement, but they enter through my front door, walk through my living room and kitchen, and come down the stairs. I keep the house as clean as I can for a small house with a family of 5 living in it! EVERY day, one dck takes my kids toys and brings them downstairs, another STEALS my kids toys, and another helps herself to the food IN MY PANTRY!, on the way down. The parents HAVE NO IDEA why it wouldn't be okay. I have 2 parents mad at me for requesting that this not happen. I wonder how they'd feel if I wandered into their houses in the winter, didn't take my shoes off, helped myself to a few of their belongings, and grabbed a snack before walking out again.
Tags:family home, homes, personal space, rude parents
Reply Up