Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Tgif!!!
JennyBear 11:06 AM 06-29-2012
Ok so I'd just like to start off by saying I'm quite shocked that myself and my DCK's are still intact! This week has been the most insane week since I have started doing daycare about a year ago!

Monday and Tuesday were a disaster! EVERY single child went ballistic for some reason no matter what I did! Everyone was hitting, biting, pushing, shoving, pulling...You name it...It happened! ugh! (and that's not normal for my kids). To top it off I had this killer pinched nerve in my neck and could barely turn my head!

Thursday I had a new family pop by in the evening with their daughters belongings they want to keep at daycare (She starts Tuesday). Then this family drops this bomb that DCG has a milk allergy (not intolerance...but a full allergy). GRRR! Almost everything has milk in it! (So we will see how that goes...it may not be a good fit, but I'm willing to try!!)

Today, when coming out of shower, I find my adorable yet mischievous golden retriever puppy attacking a brand new roll of toilet paper so I had to chase him around our bedroom and clean it all up. Then our other retriever decided that would be a good time to throw up! While going to get stuff to clean THAT up I stub my big toe really badly! (this was all before 6am!!!)
I take a deep breath and come downstairs. I remind myself that It's been one heck of a week but it is now Friday so all I have to do is get today over with and I have a 3 day long weekend!

Our morning was all fine and dandy today...until we went to the park. One of my DCK went up a big slide (as usual) but then stepped back. She FELL OFF!! and flipped and tumbled backwards! I was there with a neighbor who is a daycare provider as well so the two of us jumped and saved her mid air!! The poor thing wasn't hurt badly thank god but was completely shaken up by this.

Now we are home! Lunch was delicious and they are in the middle of a peaceful nap! and best of all we are ALL in one piece and we made it though this insane week together!

All I have to say is TGIF!!! (off to fill out my accident report from the slide incident)

Ah crap! I wrote this thread in the Book topic and I don't know how to change that! Ugh. Is it Saturday yet????
Breezy 12:50 PM 06-29-2012
Wowza girl! You need a bubble bath and some wine!!
Michelle 01:54 PM 06-29-2012
Originally Posted by Breezy:
:
countrymom 02:38 PM 06-29-2012
all I can say is I HEAR YA!!!!
DBug 05:34 PM 06-29-2012
Originally Posted by Breezy:
And delivery for dinner!

Here's hoping your LOOONG weekend goes SO amazingly well that you totally forget about this week!

JennyBear 10:14 AM 07-04-2012
I'm happy to say that I had a wonderful weekend (although 3 days didn't seem to be enough after last week, lol!) and we are having a pretty good week so far!
(Knock on wood)

My3cents 11:23 AM 07-06-2012
I am guessing your kids are all under two, two and a half. I noticed that all my kids seemed to morf into these little rabid animals for a time during that age. It was more me getting used to they were not babies anymore and had little minds of their own. Fun fun fun EXHAUSTING! Same stuff, hair pulling, pushing, hitting, smacking each other over toys. A STAGE---- one that I was very happy to help get over and through fast. These little peeps that played wonderful together could not be left alone for a minute (I don't leave them alone anyway) but the supervision was on overtime- eyes scanning every move.......lol.

Thank you .........it is FRIDAY
GotKids 12:37 PM 07-06-2012
agree this has been a very long week. Tuesday started off with my large freezer dying and losing a ton of food. Followed by CPS and my licensing agent out to talk about a family in my care at the same time my main drain in the basement clogged and flooded sewage into the basement. That meant having a plumber out while trying to talk to CPS and then the health inspector had to come out. I had to have the carpets professionally done only to come to terms with the fact that there was no way they could get up all that nasty water. So we ripped up the carpet. Spent the 4th sanitizing after that disaster and yesterday re-inspection of my house. This weekend can't get here fast enough.
Tags:tgif
Reply Up