Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Payment Drop Box
Abigail 08:16 PM 10-29-2011
I just purchased this "charity" box that I will use as a payment drop box. I really wish my laundry room was finished so I could just put it up in their to begin with, but it seems that I'll have to use the main entryway for the first month or two of daycare. What do you think of this?

http://www.displays2go.com/product.asp?ID=3248 This was the cheapest wall-mount wooden box with a locking lid I could find. I paid $32 total to be shipped to me Ground Shipping. Hope it comes within a week!

I have payments due in advance on Friday so anyone who pays Friday morning will have a receipt ready to go at pickup and anyone who pays Friday at pickup will get a receipt on Monday morning. If someone doesn't pay on Friday then they will have to pay at drop off on Monday morning before leaving their child in my care and will have to pay a small late fee.
cheerfuldom 08:39 PM 10-29-2011
But if they pay late (on Monday), how are you going to know if they left payment in the box or not BEFORE they leave their child and leave the daycare?
Blackcat31 07:00 AM 10-30-2011
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
But if they pay late (on Monday), how are you going to know if they left payment in the box or not BEFORE they leave their child and leave the daycare?
I was wondering the same thing.

I don't have a payment dropbox because I want the payments to be handed directly to me. I'm afraid having a payment dropbox would give my dcp's an easy pass to not pay til Monday. I require payments to be paid on Fridays and even with a hefty late fee, I dont want them on Monday morning.

I have a couple families that it seems I have to remind every payday before they remember. I think a payment dropbox would work for some but for me it would simply be a "pass" for a few parents.

I prefer to be upfront, direct and open about payments.... but that's just me. I don't mind normally uncomfortable conversations.
rbmom 07:45 AM 10-30-2011
I love it! Seems like a great idea!
sharlan 08:19 AM 10-30-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I was wondering the same thing.

I don't have a payment dropbox because I want the payments to be handed directly to me. I'm afraid having a payment dropbox would give my dcp's an easy pass to not pay til Monday. I require payments to be paid on Fridays and even with a hefty late fee, I dont want them on Monday morning.

I have a couple families that it seems I have to remind every payday before they remember. I think a payment dropbox would work for some but for me it would simply be a "pass" for a few parents.

I prefer to be upfront, direct and open about payments.... but that's just me. I don't mind normally uncomfortable conversations.
I prefer the payment handed directly to me also. That way I know for sure that the exact amount was paid. I have one parent that sometimes pays one week, sometimes two weeks in advance.
misspollywog 10:06 AM 10-30-2011
I think it's great if that works for you.

I want a time clock for the wall so they can clock their kids in and out. I saw one at a thrift store yesterday for $150.00

I think I'll hold out until the price comes down about $149.99
Abigail 01:03 PM 10-30-2011
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I will greet everyone at the door at drop off and pick up each day. If they didn't pay on Friday I will ask for the payment and late fee on Monday morning at drop off. If for some reason everyone drops off at the same time on a Monday and I didn't receive the payment and the child was in my care I would immediately call the parents to come get their child until they give payment.

I like the payment box idea because I'll eventually expand to group care and it is more difficult to collect payment from 12-18 parents each week. With a drop box their payments are safe and secure and I am able to write out receipts during nap time for those who pay in the morning and those who pay in the evening will receive a receipt come Monday morning.
Tags:drop boxes, fees, payment, payment boxes, receipts, tuition
Reply Up