Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Outside With Infants/Babies
E Daycare 04:53 AM 02-18-2011
I have toddlers here and one baby (well shes not a baby anymore but was a preemie so shes developmentally WAY behind for a one year old). What Id like to know is what do you guys do outside with your babies? Right now I just have a gated off deck as my yard isnt fenced in. So the toddlers play on all the climbers and slides and tables on the deck. Its not covered yet with carpet so I dont want to let the baby crawl (she cant walk) all over the place for the fear of splinters. Ive removed anything she could put in her mouth but she would literally suck on the wood of the deck if I put her down. I know this as shes chewed on my floor and my furniture.

Last year my DS was a baby in the winter so we didnt do much outside play and when we did go out in the spring, he wasnt crawling much and kinda just rolled around on the blanket. He was a quick walker so I didnt have any issues with him come summer as he was walking and climbing at 10 months anyways.

So instead of just propping her up in a highchair with toys while we are out there what do you do? I dont have (and will never have) ambulatory walkers but I do have a exersaucer so was thinking of putting that giganto contraption out on the deck too.

Any other ideas?
Little People 05:00 AM 02-18-2011
I would buy one of those big round gates and put a blanket in there with some toys for him.
E Daycare 05:23 AM 02-18-2011
Originally Posted by Little People:
I would buy one of those big round gates and put a blanket in there with some toys for him.
Thats a great idea! Thanks
Cat Herder 07:21 AM 02-18-2011
I have one of those cheap, hard plastic swimming pools. I fill it with ball pit balls, sit it on a remnant of indoor/outdoor carpeting and surround it with a round baby gate. I use it for one baby at a time.

To clean it I just pour some disinfectant (I use Q-128) in the pool, fill it, swish and dump. After it air dries a bit I dump the balls back in their mesh bag and hang it and the pool on the fence of the playground. No dead grass patches....

I also have a couple infant swings mounted to a frame of 6x6's grounded in concrete, they hang out there while I set up and break down
JeepGirl6 10:09 AM 02-18-2011
http://www.walmart.com/ip/North-Stat...t-Gate/8457890

I use a play yard outside for the infants. I put blankets or foam mats down and put toys in their for them. They love it!!
SandeeAR 10:16 AM 02-18-2011
I have an almost one year old that was a premie too and a little behind in things. I let her crawl outside some and use the saucer the rest of the time. For the 7 month old, I just use a saucer. The other kids playing keeps that one happy in the saucer.
Tags:infants, outside - infants, outside play
Reply Up