Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Do You Put In Packets?
Alexandra 06:33 AM 09-05-2011
Sorry if it's been posted before, I did a search and could find anything. I'm curious what everyone puts in their packets. I am not sure if I need to add more stuff or wait to give them other paperwork once enrolled.
Thanks for any help.
Cat Herder 07:03 AM 09-05-2011
I give a brief statement on who I am, my experience, my goals and a general business statement as the cover page.

The next few pages are the standard forms : Emergency Contacts, Medical Information, Feeding Plan, Financial Contract, Discipline Plan, Liability Form, Immunization/Medical History Request Form, OTC/Topical Permission Form, and Individual Goals Plan.

The last section includes the Yearly Calendar of Closings, list of Community Resources and Contacts, CCR&R Family Handbook and the Sexual Predators list for the county.

I do not give out any paperwork until they enroll. It gets expensive to do that. Interviews are talk & tour only.

All paperwork is discussed and filled out here at my kitchen table over coffee and warm cookies/pound cake. Granted I only do interviews about once every 3 years, or so.
Blackcat31 02:13 PM 09-05-2011
I also do not give out any paper work until family enrolls. In their enrollment folder they receive:

welcome letter
currriculum outline
admission form
food program enrollment form
immunization form
insurance form/sign off sheet
chemical use policy statement
abuse & neglect notification form
schedule form
rate sheet
payment contract
handbook
daily schedule
monthly menu
monthly calendar
yearly calendar
emergency contact form
list of items to bring and leave for child's cubbie/basket

I provide a checklist for the above forms in the inside cover of the folder. I also highlight where I want them to sign and date on each form.
Abigail 06:52 PM 09-05-2011
Is it common for interviews to be talk and tour only? Do you simple sit down and go over the handbook with them then or do you do that during registration time?

I suppose I could always create a "Provider's Copy" of the handbook and if the parents ask for a copy I can tell them they will recieve a copy when they enroll.....that would save those people from copying my hard work if they were trying to open their own and would save on the never-to-enroll people also. Is this what most people do?
Crazy8 07:18 PM 09-05-2011
I've always given everything out at the interview. Then they just drop off the signed contract when they enroll. But I don't have openings all that often and only interview a few times a year so its not like I'm giving out packets every week, you know?

I never thought to do it any other way, its just easier for me to interview once and if I had to guess I'd say 80% of those I've interviewed end up enrolling. I think if I had a lower enrollment percentage I'd give less out up front.
Alexandra 08:03 AM 09-07-2011
Originally Posted by LittleDiamonds:
I've always given everything out at the interview. Then they just drop off the signed contract when they enroll. But I don't have openings all that often and only interview a few times a year so its not like I'm giving out packets every week, you know?

I never thought to do it any other way, its just easier for me to interview once and if I had to guess I'd say 80% of those I've interviewed end up enrolling. I think if I had a lower enrollment percentage I'd give less out up front.
What do you put in your packets?
laundrymom 10:42 AM 09-07-2011
Can I come for interview? And..... Can I get cookies AND cake? ( lol )

[QtilUOTE=Catherder;142874]I give a brief statement on who I am, my experience, my goals and a general business statement as the cover page.

The next few pages are the standard forms : Emergency Contacts, Medical Information, Feeding Plan, Financial Contract, Discipline Plan, Liability Form, Immunization/Medical History Request Form, OTC/Topical Permission Form, and Individual Goals Plan.

The last section includes the Yearly Calendar of Closings, list of Community Resources and Contacts, CCR&R Family Handbook and the Sexual Predators list for the county.

I do not give out any paperwork until they enroll. It gets expensive to do that. Interviews are talk & tour only.

All paperwork is discussed and filled out here at my kitchen table over coffee and warm cookies/pound cake. Granted I only do interviews about once every 3 years, or so. [/quote]
Tags:contract vs handbook, enrollment, enrollment forms, packet
Reply Up