Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>UGH!!! What is WRONG with Parents?
sahm2three 09:06 AM 04-19-2011
I should have sent them away when she told me she already gave dcb tylenol "because he seemed uncomfortable". Really?!?! That is against policy! They are not supposed to give them tylenol before they bring them! Now dcb has a fever and has already thrown up once and I can't reach mom (of course) and the emergency contacts (grandparents) have a message on their answering machine that says they are out of town! Fantastic! Is it Thursday yet?!?!
daycare 09:09 AM 04-19-2011
uughhh so frustrating sorry you are haivng to deal with this.. I would start calling every person on the emergency contact list until the child was picked up. do you have a set time limit attached with fees if they don't pick the child up within an hour or so??
lil angels 09:14 AM 04-19-2011
great now your family will be sick for Easter and hers will all be fine and getting over it by then. Don't you love parents some times.
DancingQueen 09:32 AM 04-19-2011
First of all .. UGH!!! Why on earth would they do that????

Second - who on earth leaves a message on their machine telling people their out of town. "why hello there, I'm going to be gone for several days.. so this would be a great time to rob us OK?.. bye bye now!"
KEG123 09:34 AM 04-19-2011
Originally Posted by DancingQueen:
First of all .. UGH!!! Why on earth would they do that????

Second - who on earth leaves a message on their machine telling people their out of town. "why hello there, I'm going to be gone for several days.. so this would be a great time to rob us OK?.. bye bye now!"
Ughhhh! How lame!! I'd be sooo pissed!!!

And the bolded.... DUH! Stooopid!
cheerfuldom 09:41 AM 04-19-2011
oh she definitely knew something was up and sent him anyway. that would tick me off too.
MamaBear 05:28 PM 04-19-2011
That is so frustrating! I have that policy too... no Tylenol before drop off because its just masking the fever... So now of course they dont tell me they do that and it never fails... around 11am or so the fevers start popping up. Lovely isn't it? Then they try to act "so surprised" that the little one has a fever with the ole' "Wow... they were fine last night & this morning". Whatever!

GretasLittleFriends 05:45 PM 04-19-2011
This is in my contract for grounds for immediate termination. Yes, I have enforced it too.
Reply Up