Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>They Want Interview Even Tho I Don't Have Space?
DBug 06:22 AM 01-05-2011
A prospective DCP who is on my waiting list wants an interview even though I don't have space for her little one yet. Normally I notify my waiting list when I have a spot open up, and then I schedule an interview and tour to go over everything (policies,contract, payment, etc.). It takes about an hour for my interviews and I do them in the evening. I also schedule my husband to watch our kids so I can concentrate on the new family. I spend some time tidying up in advance, so all told, I end up committing an entire evening for my whole family for each interview.

Because of everything it entails, I'm inclined to tell the family no, not until a suitable spot opens up. But what do you guys think? Would it offend the family? Or do you think they're just looking to use my daycare as a comparison for other places?
laundrymom 06:31 AM 01-05-2011
I wouldnt, I'd just tell them you reserve the tours until you have an opening to avoid wasting everyones time.
marniewon 06:34 AM 01-05-2011
I agree, tell them you will schedule an interview when a spot opens.
legomom922 06:41 AM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
I wouldnt, I'd just tell them you reserve the tours until you have an opening to avoid wasting everyones time.
same here. Why take your night and waste it?
SilverSabre25 07:18 AM 01-05-2011
Yep, stick to your guns and don't do interviews unless you have space available.

In early December I had a parent trying to force me into an interview for November 2011 (this mom was *barely* pregnant). I kept telling her, "Ma'am, I don't know what's going to be happening a year from now, I have NO IDEA if I'll have space, call me back in the summer and we'll talk." and she kept trying to pin me down to do an interview...
Live and Learn 08:35 AM 01-05-2011
No openings, no interview.
laundrymom 08:55 AM 01-05-2011
you could do what the fast food places tell kids looking for jobs,...
you can put in an application,. ( name on waiting list) but we arent doing interviews at this time, we will call you if we have an opening come up.....
DBug 09:57 AM 01-05-2011
Thanks for the confirmation ladies! It's good to know I'm not being unrealistic or unreasonable or anything like that !
kendallina 10:18 AM 01-05-2011
I agree with everyone else...no need to waste your time or theirs.
SunflowerMama 11:12 AM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
I totally agree.
Tags:interview
Reply Up