Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Weird Safety Recall Question (Licensing-Il)
tracyxoxo 06:22 AM 03-07-2015
Hi, I had a question about safety recalls and licensing. I am working on getting everything together to apply for my home daycare license in Illinois. I have looked through all the codes and safety recalls and couldn't find anything pertaining to my question. I was wondering how the codes apply to things that are built within your home? For instance my husband and I made a large tipi tent for my sons room but it is now in the daycare room as a reading nook. It is stable, constructed mostly by my husband and the fabric is hot glued to other pieces and the wood dowels. It has withstood my toddler for more than a year but since I made it I wasn't sure what rules applied to that? Also I love diy and in the future could I build things for my daycare? Inside or outside? As long as it's in good working condition and stable? Thanks in advance for the help. I just want my inspection to go perfect once I get to that stage.
e.j. 11:07 AM 03-08-2015
Much depends on the regulations of your particular state but I would imagine that as long as there are no safety issues and, as you mentioned, you keep them stable and in good working condition, you'd be okay during an inspection. Just be sure to inspect them on a regular basis to make sure there's nothing they can cite you on....loose or protruding staples or nails, chipping paint, potential for slivers, sharp points or edges, etc.
spinnymarie 06:51 PM 03-08-2015
I'm in IL, so I know the regulation, but my licensor was unconcerned. I think they just mean for you to keep up on recalls.
Reply Up