Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Did It !
blandino 04:02 PM 01-15-2013
Tonight at pickup, told all the families that we are moving (1.5 miles away). I didn't think anyone would care, but still the ct of telling them is a big deal. I feel like I've been through a marathon, having to talk to that many parents. Only one seemed really put off, and he can hardly make it here by 5:30 on his days to pick up him daughter. The new daycare is 2 min past our current place on the turnpike, so hardly a big move - but I have to be honest wouldn't really care if they went somewhere else.
Patches 07:35 PM 01-15-2013
Go You!
JeepGirl6 05:25 AM 01-16-2013
Im doing the same thing this week/today telling the remaining of the parents we are looking to move. We have to sell our house first though so we are putting up the for sale sign this weekend. So far 4 families are fine that we are looking, we will see how the other 3 feel later today :-/ I was so nervous at first but so far they have been soo understanding
AllDeezBabies 05:28 AM 01-16-2013
Wow!!

I think we may be having the same issue soon; moving. How did you break the news? I would love some advice on this.
blandino 07:16 AM 01-16-2013
Originally Posted by AllDeezBabies:
Wow!!

I think we may be having the same issue soon; moving. How did you break the news? I would love some advice on this.
I printed up a flyer with all the info, new place's address, open house info, and the exact time that it will take them to drive (either 2/4 min) and map of how to get there. This info worked because we are just moving the daycare and already had all the info for the new place.

I just stayed really positive, and said "we have this awesome opportunity to rent a house just for the daycare, blah blah blah". Once again, our situation is different because we are just moving the daycare. I would just keep it as positive as possible.

I did have some panicked looking faces staring at me, but I think that was just initial shock. I really don't think being 1.5 miles away (or 2/4 min) is a big deal ! But maybe I am wrong ?!?
allsmiles 08:21 AM 01-16-2013
Originally Posted by blandino:
I printed up a flyer with all the info, new place's address, open house info, and the exact time that it will take them to drive (either 2/4 min) and map of how to get there. This info worked because we are just moving the daycare and already had all the info for the new place.

I just stayed really positive, and said "we have this awesome opportunity to rent a house just for the daycare, blah blah blah". Once again, our situation is different because we are just moving the daycare. I would just keep it as positive as possible.

I did have some panicked looking faces staring at me, but I think that was just initial shock. I really don't think being 1.5 miles away (or 2/4 min) is a big deal ! But maybe I am wrong ?!?
i dont see that as being a big deal at all either! CONGRATS on finally being able to do it.. since i was THINKING of doing the same thing, i remember seeing some of your post around about it.. AWESOME!!!
Tags:moving, notice, parents - don't appreciate
Reply Up