Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>For those of you who have school agers
Thriftylady 07:44 AM 08-07-2014
I am talking to a person right now with a toddler and a school ager that would be here before school. My question is how do you contract for days that they are out of school and would be there so the charge is different? Do you have a special contract for that?
AmyKidsCo 07:49 AM 08-07-2014
I never had a separate contract, we just agreed that mom would pay the full day or full week rate when he was here more than just after school. But his mom grew up in family child care so she was VERY supportive and understood that I needed to be paid.

If I were to do it now I'd want the calendar for the year of when he'd be here full days and contract for full pay then - even if they decided to send him to Grandma's or something.
Meyou 08:03 AM 08-07-2014
I have a contracted school age weekly rate that they pay all the time with a $10/day extra charge for full days payable in the same week the days are taken.
Second Home 08:34 AM 08-07-2014
My school age kids pay a flat weekly fee . This is only for the hour before school and the hour after school .
If there is a day where school is closed , early dismissal or late start I charge the full day difference ( $10 for B/A care per day + 20 to make the full day fee of $30) only for the day they will be attending .

I treat this like drop in care , the parent must check to see if I have room and pay for the full day in advance , no refund if the child does not show up .

I have started having parents request the spot in writing to have proof that they have asked for the spot . No more arguing whether they did or did not ask.
mom2many 08:46 AM 08-07-2014
I charge a flat rate for my s/a kids. It is the same rate whether they are here for the entire day or just b/a school. I needed go have consistency, so this has worked well for me.
e.j. 11:30 AM 08-07-2014
My dc parents either pay the regular rate to hold a spot for their s/a kids or I enroll them as "drop-in". This comes with the understanding that I may or may not have a spot open for them if school is closed for any reason. I can't guarantee an opening if I'm not being paid to keep one available. Usually, they choose to take their chances with drop-in care and have a Plan B in place in case I don't have an opening.
Tags:ratio - over limit, ratios, school aged kids, winter break
Reply Up