Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>O.M.G. Ridiculous Request of the Day!
crazydaycarelady 07:25 AM 10-30-2012
Dcm of 4yo dcb came in to drop the baby off here before taking dcb to preshool. She handed me this ridiculous Dr. Browns sippy cup, designed for babies transitiong to a cup, and asked me to put milk in it for 4you dcb. THEN, she asked me to warm it in the mircowave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This explains why he still brings a diaper bag, drags a blanket, and can't put his own coat on!! For cripes sakes!
MarinaVanessa 07:28 AM 10-30-2012
A 4yo has a sippy cup? Oh wow. Well you can just smile and nod and then put the sippy away and give 4yo dck a regular cup to drink out of lol.
momofboys 07:33 AM 10-30-2012
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
A 4yo has a sippy cup? Oh wow. Well you can just smile and not and then put the sippy away and give 4yo dck a regular cup to drink out of lol.

WDW 10:11 AM 10-30-2012
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
Dcm of 4yo dcb came in to drop the baby off here before taking dcb to preshool. She handed me this ridiculous Dr. Browns sippy cup, designed for babies transitiong to a cup, and asked me to put milk in it for 4you dcb. THEN, she asked me to warm it in the mircowave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This explains why he still brings a diaper bag, drags a blanket, and can't put his own coat on!! For cripes sakes!
And sorry, but I wouldn't be filling cups for them to take to school or home with them. That's mom's job.
lovemykidstoo 10:22 AM 10-30-2012
I understand why he would be using a sippy if it's only in the car. NOthing worse than spilled milk in the car. HOwever, I would not be happy with her wanting to fill it up for him with milk and it's ridiculous to heat it up. You're not providing care to this child right? Just the sibling?
AnneCordelia 10:50 AM 10-30-2012
"Susie, I'd be happy to fill it with water for you."

Then if she specifies milk again (that's rude!!!) then I would say, "With 6 kids here each needing 8oz of milk today I just don't have extra to spare. I'd be happy to fill the cup with water for you."
littlemissmuffet 10:57 AM 10-30-2012
I CANNOT stand parents like this. Seriously, let your child GROW, help them grow!!!!!!!!!

I would have laughed out loud and said "Sorry Sue, I only provide supplies that are going to actually be used in my house. He's more than welcome to a CUP of water before you head out, though. Oh, and is Joey just getting off the bottle now? (I couldn't help asking)"

Is this child seriously still using a bottle at home at 4 years old? If so, I am completely disgusted.

I have my kiddos on straw sippies by 12 months!
itlw8 11:02 AM 10-30-2012
gotta love some parents
crazydaycarelady 11:14 AM 10-30-2012
Yes, I do care for him. Dcm brings him back and drops him off after preschool (so I get to see her 3x a day. Yeah.) Oh and no surprise he usually comes with a belly full of Laffy Taffy, Goldfish, and Kool-Aid and she wonders why he won't eat a good lunch.

She also drags in these HUGE diaper bags for both kids. They are stocked with EVERYTHING you can think of. Swimsuits, sunscreen, hat, gloves, snacks, clothes, cups, sunglasses. I have told her I do not need these brought in yet she continues. I never get in them, ever.
littlemissmuffet 11:44 AM 10-30-2012
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
Yes, I do care for him. Dcm brings him back and drops him off after preschool (so I get to see her 3x a day. Yeah.) Oh and no surprise he usually comes with a belly full of Laffy Taffy, Goldfish, and Kool-Aid and she wonders why he won't eat a good lunch.

She also drags in these HUGE diaper bags for both kids. They are stocked with EVERYTHING you can think of. Swimsuits, sunscreen, hat, gloves, snacks, clothes, cups, sunglasses. I have told her I do not need these brought in yet she continues. I never get in them, ever.
I have a NO DIAPER BAGS policy written into my handbook. Parents must supply all the items I require/list on the first day of care and need to be replenished/changed out as I require/send memos. Everything stays in the child's cubby. I HATE diaper bags.
Scout 08:49 PM 10-30-2012
My 4 yo son drinks out of sippy cups all the time. This allows him to drink in other rooms than the kitchen. I think that since I wss not allowed food or drink outsode of our kitchen growing up I am leniant with my own! He does drink out of a normal cup in the kitchen though!
Oneluckymom 10:32 PM 10-30-2012
Ok I have 2.5, 2.5, 3, 16 mo, and 12 mo. I use the take and toss sippies for all of them except the 12 mo old.

I use them because I don't want to clean up spills all day and wasted milk. Should I honestly switch the older ones to regular cups? I know they are perfectly capable.
SquirrellyMama 05:38 AM 10-31-2012
Originally Posted by Oneluckymom:
Ok I have 2.5, 2.5, 3, 16 mo, and 12 mo. I use the take and toss sippies for all of them except the 12 mo old.

I use them because I don't want to clean up spills all day and wasted milk. Should I honestly switch the older ones to regular cups? I know they are perfectly capable.
I get more wasted milk with sippy cups. I still use them if we are out and about or I take water bottles.

K
Meeko 05:49 AM 10-31-2012
I use sippy cups at the table with ALL my kids. It's just a "save the carpet" thing. They drink out of a regular cup in the kitchen.

I do NOT do the "can you fill this for the trip" thing. Many have tried it.

I had a DCM many years back (before I got my backbone) who was really bad about it. She wanted a large sippy filled with milk every evening at pick up. One day I had enough and said no. She was really mad and said "But you get it free!" I think she felt the food program paid for an endless supply of food and drink! When I explained to her they only covered food for scheduled meal times, she was embarrassed and never asked again.
JenNJ 05:49 AM 10-31-2012
I use sippys for all at lunch time because it is not uncommon for a younger one to reach and grab an older child's cup. When only the older kids are at the table, they use cups.

I would NOT be warming milk for anyone. I only do that for the youngest infants. By 6ish months, they are transitioned over to room temp formula/breastmilk.
Soccermom 06:05 AM 10-31-2012
Wow....I stopped heating up milk for my kids at 10 months.
I did once have a just turned 5 yo DCB who was dropped off on his first day with a small cooler. This was 2 months before he was due to start school. DCM asked me to come over because she did not want to open it in front of my SA DCKS.
When she opened the bag up I gasped! There were 3 BOTTLES full of milk in it! Not sippes, BOTTLES!! I said - What on earth is that for??? She told me they were for DCB, in case he felt nervous. She told me he still drank from bottles at home to help with his anxiety!!! OMG! Being a newer DP I just said umm, ok, I doubt he'll want them though since I have 10 and 12 months old here who no longer drink from bottles and took the bag from her.
I put it on the counter with NO intentions of allowing him to drink a bottle in my home.
If I could go back in time I would now have said - You can put that right back into your car lady because there is no way DCB will be drinking from a baby bottle in my home at 5. If that is something that he requires, then this is not the right place for him.
What the heck is wrong with people??
crazydaycarelady 08:03 AM 10-31-2012
My kids all drink from sippy cups also - just to avoid the messes.

This sippy cup was more of a nipple type top, and it was more the warming of the milk I thought was ridiuclous! and her even asking for it!
Cat Herder 08:07 AM 10-31-2012
Did you do it?
Reply Up