Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Mom Confessions...Do You Have One?
melilley 08:08 AM 12-12-2013
I read this this morning and loved it and thought I would share.

http://rachelmariemartin.blogspot.co...onfession.html

I just found out that I am not perfect....

Do you have any confessions...moms and dads?

We should have an article/blog sticky!
jessrlee 08:19 AM 12-12-2013
I confess... I'm taking a class tonight even though it's DD b-day (Do I get points for clearing it with her? )

I confess... I have let all three eat cupcakes for breakfast on more than one occasion... and then given Hubs crap when he did it

I confess... I let DD eat as many granola bars as she wants, even though I know they are oaty candy bars. Because she is so thin I worry the school will believe I don't feed her. (BTW she out eats her army dude daddy!)
crazydaycarelady 08:23 AM 12-12-2013
When my boys were around 5,7 and 9yo in the evenings in summertime they went swimming in the neighbors pool a lot with their boys of similar ages. I usually just considered that to be their bath.

Cradle2crayons 08:26 AM 12-12-2013
I confess that my kids only get baths 4 days a week.... The three days we have sports and etc practice until 8:00 pm we skip bathes because I have a strict bedtime policy. They just sink wash on those nights.
itlw8 10:51 AM 12-12-2013
When my oldest was 3 and throwing a fit in Walmart I let him stand in the cart and we left the store. We hit a bump and he flipped out of the cart and hit the ground.
Stepping 11:53 AM 12-12-2013
I love that post!

I confess that I my two year old watches TV while I make dinner because I don't have any energy left to be creative at the end of the day.

That when he was two weeks old, I fell asleep while breast feeding and he rolled off the bed. Thankfully, we had a low bed and carpet on the floor but I've never gotten over the feeling of waking up to see him lying there

That I'm a big softie at bed time and always give in when he asks for one more hug.

That I pretend chocolate is 'spicy' so I can keep it all to myself!
daycarediva 12:27 PM 12-12-2013
My younger kids get baths nightly, except for Friday and Saturday.

I speak to my 14yo like an adult.I don't sugar coat, dumb things down or hide anything from her. She is more mature and responsible than most people twice her age, I figure she deserves that much. Dh is also very open and honest with her about everything, and she is much better behaved, more respectful and never gets into any trouble (unlike her peers who live on unicorn poop and sunshine)

My ds/12 with asd is treated the same as my other kids. His behavioral therapists and all the experts have all disagreed with me over the years. He can't handle chores? I say he can. (he does). He can't learn to do that. I say he can (and he does). I also have the same behavior expectations.
KDC 01:21 PM 12-12-2013
While visiting a friend... she had 2 kids of her own, and 3 kids over for a play date, and I had 3 kids and it was a mad house!! And I run a daycare! No structured play or nicely behaved kids over there (picture 18 month old fell in toliet screaming because he got stuck & kids jumping on couch and end table, Lol!) I couldn't get out of there fast enough. She was an art teacher and was donating a bunch of supplies to the daycare and we were loading into the back of my mini van when I told the kids to get in and buckled (we live in the same neighborhood, few blocks from each other). I just was nervous for some reason and wanted out of the crazy house. I started the car and drove about 10 feet and checked to see if my kids were in fact all buckled (ages 3, 5, & 7) and one was missing. Yup, my 3 yr. old was on the sidewalk, just watching the van drive away. Worst Mom moment EVER!

Last night I didn't feel like cooking (have a cold), so my children had fun making their own dinner. Their choice, crackers, salami & cheese with yogurt and smart puffs. (Age 4 & 6) My 8 yr. old was at a play date.
spinnymarie 07:01 PM 12-12-2013
...I have thrown toys away instead of replacing batteries.
...DS reminded ME last night that he needed to wash his hands after peeing.
...And I let him wear pajamas from last night all day today and tonight too.
...I got barfed on twice today... and only showered once.
...That I could go on with these confessions for probably 100 days.
preschoolteacher 07:54 PM 12-12-2013
I have one--my son was playing with a little Play Dough mold that makes the playdough shaped like a screw. He's into hammers and tools, and I found it in the bin of Play Dough tools I got from a garage sale this summer but never used yet. Well, my husband comes home and was like.. "Why is he playing with that!" Apparently, my husband doesn't think it's a screw-shaped mold, but more like male parts... Like something you might use to cut sandwiches into a certain shape for a bachelorette party! I looked at it closer and was horrified!
nanglgrl 08:25 PM 12-12-2013
I accidentally dropped a plate on my then 2 year olds head and it shattered into pieces. I was getting it from the cupboard, turned and it just slipped out of my hand. My son happened to be standing right under it. After realizing he wasn't hurt I couldn't contain my laughter and since the kids were all fighting I told the older girls they'd better stop because there were more plates where that one came from. Later that night my son did something naughty and just as I was about to correct him he looked at me with his chocolate brown eyes and said solemnly, "there's more plates right mommy?"...I then let him do and eat whatever he wanted for the remainder if the night because I felt so awful! Btw my older girls knew I was joking!
Unregistered 01:17 AM 12-13-2013
My little 2 year old son says what "your hair is oily mom."
Bite my tongue when frustrated. Son asks are you mad? No a little frustrated. Walks around saying
He's frustrated.
Unregistered 03:07 AM 12-13-2013
I am accidental prone and knocked my coffee carafe out of the coffee maker onto the floor. I didn't realize my 2 year old son was behind me. I was so scared he was cut by glass that I got him naked, didn't see any blood and dressed him before dcm came. When he started crying again I saw coffee spilt on his foot and it took three weeks to heal. I felt awful.

If my husband was not here I would be a lot more strict. I resent him a little for it.

I blame myself when kids are misbehaving. I am costantly torn between being relaxed and being super strict. I wish there was only one book on parenting an everyone had to follow it and bam! We would have the perfect kid.
countrymom 06:13 AM 12-13-2013
I let my kids eat crap for lunch at school (mine are older kids)
I cut my ds's hair because I'm cheap
I don't mind cooking (shhhh)
sometimes I color my kids homework so they don't have too or give them the answers
I find my inlaws uneducated (not school but life wise) stupid filthy people
GKJNIGMN 08:08 AM 12-13-2013
I let my kids listen to whatever music they want unedited as long as they are willing to listen to me tell them what the song is actually about (after my 9 year old thought a song on the radio about dropping things low was about the limbo) and as long as I never hear them use a swear word. I see no reason to dumb things down for them and they need to know that other people say things that they cannot. They still think shut up is a swear word lol

The one I am actually really embarrassed about is that my oldest ds 9 was getting teased at lunch at school because instead of buying the individual baggies of crackers and such, I buy a big bag and separate them out to save money. He goes to a school where 90% of the kids get free or reduced lunch but we don't qualify so we pack. One of the boys kept telling him that we were too poor to buy school lunch or to buy the already packaged foods. My fiance finally got fed up and told my son to tell him that at least we can afford to feed our kids rather than the government......and I didn't step in and correct the issue. Keep in mind that I chose to send my child to this school because of the diversity and most of the DC kids I have are goverment paid and very low income, so I should have said something but in that moment I didn't.
countrymom 08:29 AM 12-13-2013
Originally Posted by GKJNIGMN:
I let my kids listen to whatever music they want unedited as long as they are willing to listen to me tell them what the song is actually about (after my 9 year old thought a song on the radio about dropping things low was about the limbo) and as long as I never hear them use a swear word. I see no reason to dumb things down for them and they need to know that other people say things that they cannot. They still think shut up is a swear word lol

The one I am actually really embarrassed about is that my oldest ds 9 was getting teased at lunch at school because instead of buying the individual baggies of crackers and such, I buy a big bag and separate them out to save money. He goes to a school where 90% of the kids get free or reduced lunch but we don't qualify so we pack. One of the boys kept telling him that we were too poor to buy school lunch or to buy the already packaged foods. My fiance finally got fed up and told my son to tell him that at least we can afford to feed our kids rather than the government......and I didn't step in and correct the issue. Keep in mind that I chose to send my child to this school because of the diversity and most of the DC kids I have are goverment paid and very low income, so I should have said something but in that moment I didn't.
I let my kids listen to bad music too, as long as I don't hear them use that language I don't care either. Even my kids think shut up is a bad word and they are 10 to 15 yrs old

as for the other comment. Good for your fiance, I'm sick of kids who get hand outs boasted and bragging about it. Our school paid for a child to go on a field trip, it cost 60 dollars and then she turns around and starts bragging how she got a new ipod and this and that and "why can't you do this or why can't you afford that"
Reply Up