Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Paper Towel Dispensers
dEHmom 11:19 AM 01-26-2012
I just wanted to see how many of you ladies use paper towels (individual folded towels) in your daycare.

I am super excited, on tuesday afternoon around 3 pm, I ordered 3 paper towel dispensers (bathroom, kitchen/entryway, and outside in the shed). they arrived by 11am the next day!!!! dh installed them last night, and i've got to pick up the towels. But i'm SUPER excited.

I figured out price per sheet, and it's roughly .0014 per sheet. I was using the kleenex brand (the new ones that you hang on your towel bar), and i really liked them, but they started to get costly once the older kids enrolled.

I'm thinking of placing a recycle basket underneath the dispensers, so that the papers can go into recycling, or I don't know if they are good for burning in firepit???? verses throwing them in the garbage.
lovelife 11:23 AM 01-26-2012
I just have a cute paper towel holder in my bathroom for the kids. The thought has crossed my mind to install and use a paper towel dispenser but I was wondering the cost versus tearing them by myself (drives me mad, lol). Plus my kids will use at times a "handful" of paper towels versus one. I hope they work out great for you and now I am thinking of looking into it as well.
melissa ann 11:26 AM 01-26-2012
For the bathroom,I use washcloths for them to dry their hands. Their hands are little so they don't need a handtowel sized. Each child gets their own color, and I get a stack for each of them.
I do have paper towels in the kitchen that we also double as napkins. I cut them in 1/2 before giving them to the kids.
dEHmom 11:37 AM 01-26-2012
Originally Posted by lovelife:
I just have a cute paper towel holder in my bathroom for the kids. The thought has crossed my mind to install and use a paper towel dispenser but I was wondering the cost versus tearing them by myself (drives me mad, lol). Plus my kids will use at times a "handful" of paper towels versus one. I hope they work out great for you and now I am thinking of looking into it as well.
I just bought the regular box style dispenser you see most places you go, but i was looking at the other styles too.

The ones I got you have the option of using the big rolls, or the folded towels. I opted for the folded single towels because the kids will grab the towel and pull and not be able to tear it. So I know there will be less waste with these. And to be honest, with the cost of these towels, I don't care if each kid takes 5 towels each time
lovelife 11:38 AM 01-26-2012
I wish I could use wash cloths to let them dry their hands but I am not allowed to.
dEHmom 11:41 AM 01-26-2012
Originally Posted by melissa ann:
For the bathroom,I use washcloths for them to dry their hands. Their hands are little so they don't need a handtowel sized. Each child gets their own color, and I get a stack for each of them.
I do have paper towels in the kitchen that we also double as napkins. I cut them in 1/2 before giving them to the kids.
Yeah licensing says no too. We could have individual hand towels, but they can't touch each other, and I just don't have anywhere to keep them.
Country Kids 11:47 AM 01-26-2012
I buy the paper towels that go into the dispenser and just hand the child one/two when they are done washing their hands. I bought a case in Sept. and still widdling it down! I love not having to spend the money on regular paper towels.
melissa ann 12:02 PM 01-26-2012
I'm not licensed.
But, I do have their towels hung up w/out touching each others. Since my daycare is not in my living space I have space in the bathroom to do that. Our house is a 3 unit apt and we live in 1/2 the house and I do daycare in the 1st floor apt.
dEHmom 12:02 PM 01-26-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
I buy the paper towels that go into the dispenser and just hand the child one/two when they are done washing their hands. I bought a case in Sept. and still widdling it down! I love not having to spend the money on regular paper towels.
friend of mine has a larger daycare then me, with 2 dispensers, and a case of 4000 lasts her 6 + months. So I imagine I'll be about the same, although at first there will be a little more use of it because of the novelty of it.

Plus I am saving money not using those expensive kleenex ones, and not having to do so much laundry anymore. They are a bit bulky in my house cause it's not very big, and i'll probably curse them when I bump into them all the time (i'm a klutz) but it's fun to have them in the house. The kids helped me pick the spots for them. One I put in the kitchen/entryway is perfect so when parents get the floor wet with boots/shoes, they can grab a few and wipe it up, instead of using the tea towels i have hanging on my stove.
WImom 01:11 PM 01-26-2012
We use wash clothes too (single use). They go in a basket and I wash them each night or every other depending on how many we went through. I just have a stack on the counter and refill when necessary.
Tags:dispenser, paper towels
Reply Up