Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Your Baby Girl Might Be Sick If.....
MrsSteinel'sHouse 04:49 AM 09-22-2015
She vomits all over in her carseat so she is soaked upon arrival. If she vomited twice twice last night and has diarrhea.
Cleaned up baby girl.. put a blanket in her carseat and handed her back to mom.
Told her she probably should call her doctor because she could become dehydrated and to let me know how she is doing.

sick baby= no group care.
Heidi 05:21 AM 09-22-2015
My granddaughter (3) has strep (diagnosed Sunday). Last night, mom texts me "what do you consider a fever...100F?"

I know it's hard to have sick kids, but honey, if she's got ANY fever, she can't come. She has strep...NO THANK YOU!
laundrymom 05:38 AM 09-22-2015
Originally Posted by MrsSteinel'sHouse:
She vomits all over in her carseat so she is soaked upon arrival. If she vomited twice twice last night and has diarrhea.
Cleaned up baby girl.. put a blanket in her carseat and handed her back to mom.
Told her she probably should call her doctor because she could become dehydrated and to let me know how she is doing.

sick baby= no group care.
YOU cleaned her up?
You are awesome.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 05:44 AM 09-22-2015
She has a 20 minute drive home and I wasn't going to leave her! Mom is young.... I knew I would be much more efficient and not spread it all over!
nanglgrl 07:56 AM 09-22-2015
Sounds like allergies to me
BabyMonkeys 08:54 AM 09-22-2015
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
I was leaning toward teething
Play Care 09:00 AM 09-22-2015
Originally Posted by angelw2babies:
I was leaning toward teething
Oh, I was going to say "but it's just spit up, not actual vomit!"
Blackcat31 09:26 AM 09-22-2015
Originally Posted by Play Care:
Oh, I was going to say "but it's just spit up, not actual vomit!"
I am sure it was something she ate or from coughing....

@MrsSteinel'sHouse I agree, sometimes it's just easier to do it and get them out the door.

Here's my "ick" story from the past...

I had a DCM once (I think it was year 3 for me) that arrived at 6am. She came in carrying her 2 yr old wrapped in a blanket, fresh from their bed.

I used to change the kiddos into their clothing for the day (the whole nine yards)... but this particular morning I noticed this child reeked of illness.

Turns out the child had thrown up some time in the night but mom had to get to work so she didn't bother changing/bathing or helping her child out because...... da da da dah dummmmmmm....she knew I would take care of it. After all, she didn't want to be late for work because of some silly thing called "parenting".

The mom thought the child coughed hard enough that it induced vomit. Turns out the child was sick enough that her ear infection that wasn't being treated or even addressed caused the ear drum to rupture and thus the vomiting.

I learned a lot that day.

I don't blame the mom because she did what she always did...let me take care of it. I can't blame her for that. I also felt it was my obligation to take "care" (100%) of the kids I had enrolled. Mom wasn't being difficult on purpose. She was young. So was I. Bottom line was I had created a blurry area where no one really knew what was who's job/responsibility so it was just a storm waiting to happen.

My parents/clients learned a lot from that day forward.
Annalee 09:40 AM 09-22-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I am sure it was something she ate or from coughing....

@MrsSteinel'sHouse I agree, sometimes it's just easier to do it and get them out the door.

Here's my "ick" story from the past...

I had a DCM once (I think it was year 3 for me) that arrived at 6am. She came in carrying her 2 yr old wrapped in a blanket, fresh from their bed.

I used to change the kiddos into their clothing for the day (the whole nine yards)... but this particular morning I noticed this child reeked of illness.

Turns out the child had thrown up some time in the night but mom had to get to work so she didn't bother changing/bathing or helping her child out because...... da da da dah dummmmmmm....she knew I would take care of it. After all, she didn't want to be late for work because of some silly thing called "parenting".

The mom thought the child coughed hard enough that it induced vomit. Turns out the child was sick enough that her ear infection that wasn't being treated or even addressed caused the ear drum to rupture and thus the vomiting.

I don't blame the mom because she did what she always did...let me take care of it. I can't blame her for that. I also felt it was my obligation to take "care" (100%) of the kids I had enrolled. Mom wasn't being difficult on purpose. She was young. So was I. Bottom line was I had created a blurry area where no one really knew what was who's job/responsibility so it was just a storm waiting to happen.

My parents/clients learned a lot from that day forward.
The school of hard knocks is always the best teacher. I was griping once about stories like this and other issues I had at the time in my child care program. My mentor told me "what you allow is what will continue".....and that is so true. It is hard gaining control but maintaining it is much easier once you take that step toward "control". Issues do arise now but are much more contained and more easily fixed now.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 10:34 AM 09-22-2015
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
of course! What was I thinking?!?!

baby girl was also shivering because she was cold and wet... poor little thing.

Mom wanted to leave her here and see if grandparents would come pick her up early... um, no.
nannyde 11:11 AM 09-22-2015
"Justavirus"?
Sugaree 04:35 AM 09-23-2015
Ugh. That sucks. The day after Easter this year my kiddo got sick and threw up. All over me. Right as we walked in the door at daycare. That was the one and only time he threw up the whole day. I'm pretty sure it was from grandma feeding him too much candy the day before. Whatever it was earned him a day at home.
Reply Up