Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Creative Suggestions :)
wahmof3 05:54 AM 04-12-2012
I love love love when my DCP bring me pictures of their kiddos

I tape them to my fridge & love to see how much they have changed over the years.

Problem: I am running out of room on my fridge!
I do not want to take them down but I need a creative solution to how to display them (even if it means displaying them somewhere else).

Maybe I could move my license & fire escape plan to a different location & that would free up 2 8x10 areas on my fridge???? Hmmmm

Up for ideas!
GretasLittleFriends 07:41 AM 04-12-2012
You could create a large sized daycare photo album/scrap book (12x12) and give each child their own page (or two). Put the child's pictures on the page in chronological order. They could then be preserved in sheet protectors and you wouldn't have to worry about damage if they came off the fridge or something got sprayed/splashed on the fridge.

Another option would be to scan them and put them onto a digital photo frame.
cheerfuldom 08:43 AM 04-12-2012
I frame the pics and put them up in our playroom
MizzCheryl 09:44 AM 04-12-2012
I used a poster frame to make a collage of my DCKs. Then just hung it on the wall.
GoodKarma 10:06 AM 04-12-2012
I was going to suggest a digital picture frame, also!
e.j. 11:33 AM 04-12-2012
I have a large bulletin board with all of the kids' pictures posted on them. Usually, no one pays much attention to it but my current group of kids will look at the pictures almost every day, pointing to their own pictures and naming the other kids they recognize.

I like the other ideas suggested - especially the photo book.
GretasLittleFriends 11:39 AM 04-12-2012
I have to thank the OP for asking for help. After suggesting the photo/scrap book it has really made me think I need to do something like this for me. I have pics that I have taken of the kids past and present, I also have newspaper clippings (we live in a very small town, and just about every kid I have has had their pic in the paper for some reason). Now to find the time.
meganlavonnesmommy 05:32 PM 04-12-2012
I have a scrapbook of daycare pictures. The kids LOVE to look at it and see pictures of themselves, and other friends that are no longer here. Its by far our most used book!
karen 10:45 AM 04-16-2012
This might sound tacky but.....
It was required for us to hang pictures up of the kids at their eye level. So we would tape pictures onto the bottom part of the wall and cover them up with clear contact paper. The kids love looking at the pictures and they wouldn't be able to rip them off of the wall.
Reply Up