Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Does This Wording Make Sense? Contract And Parent Handbook
Sprouts 07:33 PM 09-06-2012
Is this too wordy, does it make sense? Can it be any simpler? lol

Contract

Rates Regarding Holidays, Vacations and other Absences:

_____/_____:********** is closed on ALL of the Federal holidays and Good Friday (friday before Easter) Tuition is still due for these holidays. The center may close early on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve. If a holiday falls on the weekend, it will be observed the preceding day or the following day.
http://www.opm.gov/Operating_Status_...edhol/2011.asp MARK THESE ON YOUR CALENDAR.

_____/_____:Christmas week between Christmas eve and New Years Day we will be closed. You will be responsible for the federal holidays this week if they fall on a weekday.

5._____/_____:Each family is allocated 3-weeks vacation time per year (One week during Christmas break (between Christmas and New Years Day) and the second week during July. Christmas and New Years Day are paid holidays, so you will only be responsible for those days. The 3rd week* can either be used as sick days or as a vacation week. If it us used as vacation then the date of the 3rd week can be used any time of the year but cannot be within same month as the other two vacations. If it is, then you are responsible for payment of that week.
Full time families receive 5 days, part time families receive 2 days per year (can only be used 60 days after start date) A one months written notice will be needed for family vacation dates.
Sprouts 08:05 AM 09-07-2012
. ..?any one
MommieNana4 10:31 AM 09-07-2012
These are my thoughts on your post. 1. State that all holidays are PAID holidays (remove "Tuition is still due for these holidays"). 2. State the specific time that you will close on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve (don't leave any room doubt or uncertainty). See item 3.

3. There seems to be a contradiction (you stated that, "Christmas week between Christmas Eve and New Year's Day we will be closed"), but you stated prior "the center may close early on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.

I hope this helps.
Nickel 01:01 PM 09-07-2012
I'm a little confuse. Do the parents get 3 weeks of unpaid vacation? And if so, if one of those weeks is used for xmas thru new year, would that not then be unpaid? (EDIT: Okay, I just reread this and when I wrote it I didn't add up that there is actually more than a week from Christmas Eve to New Years Eve. This is actually almost a 2 week span. Sorry!) I would say they get 5 days for vacation to be taken from December 26th-Dec 31st.

This paragraph I made changes in bold

_____/_____:The center or I or however you are wording your daycare in your business will be closed from Christmas Eve, December 24th through New Years Day, January 1st. We will reopen on January 2ndTuition is required for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, and New Year's Day if those days fall on a day you normally attend daycare name. i.e. I removed the part about paying if it was a weekday. Reason being if a part timer only comes MWF and holidays fall on TW are they still required to pay for Tuesday?

5._____/_____:Each family is allocated 3-weeks vacation time per year. One week vacation is for the week of December 26th through December 3st. The second week is to be used during July. The 3rd week* can either be used as sick days or as a vacation week. If it us used as vacation then the date of the 3rd week can be used any time of the year but cannot be within same month as the other two vacations. If it is, then you are responsible for payment that week.
A week of vacation conists of 5 business days for full time families and 2 business days for part time families per year. (can only be used 60 days after start dateI'm a little confused here too. The 3rd week vacation must be taken within 2 months of enrollment? ) A one months written notice will be needed for family vacation dates.

I wasn't trying to be mean in any of the above. I'm just very analytical when it comes to writing. To the point of being annoying to some people. I'll apologize in advance. But I found some areas to be confusing. Maybe I took it all the wrong way, but if I did, maybe other parents would too?
Sprouts 08:19 PM 09-07-2012
Thank you both! And as i was hoping for someone analytical like u to help me lol so nooooo need to apologize.

as far as the 3rd vacation goes...the 3rd vacation can only be used after their child has been enrolled for over 60 days...so basically the first 2 months they are with me, they cant use those vacation days or sick days...
Nickel 08:38 PM 09-07-2012
Ohh. WOW. I didn't catch then. I sort of feel stupid that I didn't understand that.

I would say instead then: Families are eligible for vacation time after being enrolled for 60 days. or something along those lines. And I was a little worried about offending you. Sometimes when I am blunt and don't sugar coat things people take it the wrong way. It's not that I mean to be rude, but I am usually just short and too the point when editing things, I guess you could say. It's hard to explain. But I hope those suggestions helped! Overall it wasn't bad, just needs a little tweaking in my personal opinion. But it would probably be fine as is too.
Sprouts 03:56 PM 09-08-2012
Lol u don't have to add sugar at the end I am the same way, I like to get to the point. Thank you!
Reply Up