Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Confronting mom?
cara041083 12:53 PM 04-09-2014
I have a mom that every morning, shows up frazzled. She is constantly telling me that she just can't continue to get 2 kids ready by her self and work and its all just to much. Deep down she doesn't want to work but her husband tells her she has to because they need the second income. But like I said EVERY morning she shows up frazzled. I watch both her kids so I would loose alot if she pulled them. However these two kids are the kids I have the most problems with. The 3 year old is rude (not horrible for me but getting worse) and the baby cry's all day but I am firm on sticking it out. My question is, Do I have the right to put her on the spot and ask her what she is gona do? Or should I just wait and see what happens. My fear is she will show up one day, and give me her notice and I will be screwed, but If I start advertising for the spots, she will see and I don't know how to handle that because she knows im full. I don't want to screw my self, but with 4 kids of my own I can only take 5 and losing 2 I can't afford.
Blackcat31 01:09 PM 04-09-2014
You can ask her but there is no guarantee that she is going to be honest....or even know herself. Today she might plan on working until 2020 but tomorrow her plans may have changed....she does seem to be fazzled so I doubt she is a planner...kwim?

Always expect the best but plan for the worst.
Cradle2crayons 01:39 PM 04-09-2014
Originally Posted by cara041083:
I have a mom that every morning, shows up frazzled. She is constantly telling me that she just can't continue to get 2 kids ready by her self and work and its all just to much. Deep down she doesn't want to work but her husband tells her she has to because they need the second income. But like I said EVERY morning she shows up frazzled. I watch both her kids so I would loose alot if she pulled them. However these two kids are the kids I have the most problems with. The 3 year old is rude (not horrible for me but getting worse) and the baby cry's all day but I am firm on sticking it out. My question is, Do I have the right to put her on the spot and ask her what she is gona do? Or should I just wait and see what happens. My fear is she will show up one day, and give me her notice and I will be screwed, but If I start advertising for the spots, she will see and I don't know how to handle that because she knows im full. I don't want to screw my self, but with 4 kids of my own I can only take 5 and losing 2 I can't afford.
I would interview, and if she asks, tell her I'm filling up my wait list.
NeedaVaca 01:42 PM 04-09-2014
Originally Posted by cara041083:
One thing I do is advertise year round. This is something you might consider if you worry about parents seeing an ad when you are full. It's for a wait list
KiddieCahoots 01:43 PM 04-09-2014
I agree with Blackcat31.
I had heard from the grape vine that one of my dcm's was questioning about a center for her dcb2, sibling had also attended years ago.
Asked her straight out, and she lied, of course.
A month later she was at the center.
Crazy8 02:01 PM 04-09-2014
I wouldn't bother… like others said she may not have a clue herself or she may just lie about it. She may just be a complainer who will work for years or she could be hoping to get fired so dcd can't blame her for quitting. You just never know and I doubt asking will get you anywhere but maybe you could sort of jokingly comment asking if you should start looking to fill their spots. That may wise her up a little.
But this is why we have a notice policy… to try to give us the least amount of time without income. Hopefully you collect a deposit and get paid in advance. If not I would consider doing both in the future to help cover you if a family leaves.
Reply Up