Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I'm So Furious - People Are So Stupid!
crazydaycarelady 04:41 PM 05-15-2014
We had our driveway seal-coated today. I posted a notice and told people they would need to walk around the driveway today plus there was ribbon strung across the end of the driveway.

So WHY ON GODS GREEN EARTH would a dcm walk under the ribbon and onto the driveway where there clearly was lots of wet mushy seal coat? She ruined her shoes and now we have foot prints all over in it that will be there for the next 2 years.

I need a drive thru window for drop-offs and pick-ups! The 5 minutes I spend with each parent each day is WAY TOO MUCH! I can do kids - adults not so much!
bklsmum 04:53 PM 05-15-2014
Wow! How rude and inconsiderate! I'd charge her to have it fixed.
midaycare 05:00 PM 05-15-2014
Wow ... just wow. That would make me very angry.
CraftyMom 05:01 PM 05-15-2014
Originally Posted by bklsmum:
Wow! How rude and inconsiderate! I'd charge her to have it fixed.
Yup!
momofboys 05:07 PM 05-15-2014
I would charge her to have it touched up - you did give notice! Frustrated for you!!!! What did she say when she picked up?!
Little Buttons 05:08 PM 05-15-2014
I would charge her for it in a heartbeat!!!
NoMoreJuice! 05:31 PM 05-15-2014
Omg, that's ridiculous! What was her reaction? Did she blame you, did she apologize? I would have been so ticked!!
NeedaVaca 06:03 PM 05-15-2014
WOW! What did you say? I'm not sure I would have been able to contain myself...
LysesKids 06:05 PM 05-15-2014
Oh hell no. I just stained and sealed a new 140 sq ft deck last weekend so I understand the pain you must be feeling; have them pay to redo it

I made sure all my parents knew by the Friday before to use the backdoor thru Monday night pick-up (deck was stained & sealed on Saturday but takes 48 to dry); I even taped off the stairs with a sign that said… DO not walk on these steps before 8pm Monday night. (I have steps that are gated at entrance of the deck)

My families didn't walk thru the tape - I hung 2 rows of bright blue so even the neighbors could see lol
Shell 06:29 PM 05-15-2014
Wow!
Second Home 03:55 AM 05-16-2014

I would make them pay for repairs .
momofboys 06:13 AM 05-16-2014
any updates?
crazydaycarelady 06:43 AM 05-16-2014
I was in the back yard with the kids but I heard my husband say "I wouldn't do that if I were you" then I heard him directing her to get off the driveway and walk around. Seriously, there was yellow caution tape and she ducked right under it like it wasn't meant for her! I knew her shoes were ruined but we didn't realize that she left footprints all over until after dc was over.

I'm really just speechless.

I am so tired of not being able to have things!

Our dining room is NOT part of the daycare but the kids and parents have to walk by there when coming between the front door and the dc room. I have my grandmas antique cookie jar on the table for decoration. Last week I walked in just in time to see dcgirl climbing up and lifting the lid. I told her to get down but what was her mom doing letting her get up there?? Well, "she just wanted to see what was in it!"

The parents are responsible for the kids for about 2 minutes and 50 feet but they struggle to keep them in line.

My hubby and I got my flower garden all finished up last night but I told him I bet the kids will pick the new flowers.

*sigh
crazydaycarelady 06:53 AM 05-16-2014
Here are some pictures of the flower garden and a portion of the blacktop (not where she walked.) You can see how they just need to walk up to the door and come in but NO, they play in the garden and ruin my things.

Those giant rocks along the edge are new - we had to put them there to prevent the dc parents from running over the sprinkler heads. Broken twice in 2 weeks!
Attached: 3.jpg (175.1 KB) 33.jpg (154.9 KB) 333.jpg (133.9 KB) 
Naptime yet? 06:55 AM 05-16-2014

By the time you retire from daycare, you WILL be crazy.

I want to b**tch slap that DCM for you.
Unregistered 10:40 AM 05-16-2014
I would have the company that did it come out and give you an estimate to redo or repair. Make a copy and hand it to her when she arrives tonight.
MarinaVanessa 10:50 AM 05-16-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I would have the company that did it come out and give you an estimate to redo or repair. Make a copy and hand it to her when she arrives tonight.

If it's noticeable then definitely. You gave notice AND taped off the area. You JUST had it redone and not even a full day later SHE decided to either not read the notice or ignore it AND then disregard the tape that was placed to remind people not to walk on it.

I would definitely have her pay to have it repaired. You just wasted the amount of money that you paid to have it sealed.
melilley 11:46 AM 05-16-2014
You have got to be kidding me! Dootdadoo. Some people! I would charge if it's noticeable too!
CraftyMom 11:46 AM 05-16-2014
I love your garden!
sugar buzz 02:35 PM 05-16-2014
Originally Posted by Naptime yet?:

By the time you retire from daycare, you WILL be crazy.

I want to b**tch slap that DCM for you.

I feel the same way! LOL! I told my DH that when I die, my tombstone is going to say: Former Daycare Provider: Get off my grave!
SilverSabre25 02:40 PM 05-16-2014
I can see most of us being the old people sitting on the porch in rocking chairs, waving canes and squawking "Git off my lawn, you crazy whippersnappers!!"
BumbleBee 02:53 PM 05-16-2014
So you gave notice, put tape up, your husband told her not to walk on it, then she walked on it & your husband had to tell her to get off.

I'd definately have an estimate for redo/repair done & hand her the bill.
BabyLuver21 04:51 PM 05-16-2014
Let us know her reaction when you hand her the estimate/bill for those repairs! She missed how many reminders!!!? I mean c'mon, even when your hubby warned her "I wouldn't do that if I were you" she actually kept walking there? NO one can be that stupid (except her, obviously)
cheerfuldom 07:44 PM 05-16-2014
She shouldnt need reminders. people have eyes. clearly work is going on and it is always polite to use walkways, sidewalks and other things like that. parents are just so incredibly rude. this is why i dont do more with my front yard. one daycare dad is the worst.....i know he would walk right thru anything nice and let his kid tramp through a flower bed. really. i should not have to tell an adult "stay on the sidewalk" why do we have to police everything? this is the same dad that complained my contract was too long and "mean" sounding.
Babyluver21 08:19 AM 05-17-2014
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
She shouldnt need reminders. people have eyes. clearly work is going on and it is always polite to use walkways, sidewalks and other things like that. parents are just so incredibly rude. this is why i dont do more with my front yard. one daycare dad is the worst.....i know he would walk right thru anything nice and let his kid tramp through a flower bed. really. i should not have to tell an adult "stay on the sidewalk" why do we have to police everything? this is the same dad that complained my contract was too long and "mean" sounding.
LOL we wouldn't "need" contracts if people just did the right things to start with , lol I would probably have said that to him too.
momofboys 07:12 AM 05-21-2014
So I am curious as to what happened with this? Did you charge the DCM for the damage?
Michelle 08:53 AM 05-21-2014
this job has made me have zero tolerance for stupid
for you!!!
crazydaycarelady 10:51 AM 05-21-2014
Originally Posted by :
I love your garden!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by :
She shouldnt need reminders. people have eyes.
And brains too I am assuming but it always amazes me the things I have to tell them.
Please close the door behind you.
Please don't let the dogs out.
Please wipe your feet.

I mean it is like I have to provide constant supervision for the parents as well!

Originally Posted by :
So I am curious as to what happened with this? Did you charge the DCM for the damage?
Nothing at this point. We kept everyone off of the driveway the next day and the hot sun allowed my hubby to smooth it out for the most part. She ruined her shoes though so she her stupidity wasn't without consequences.
momofboys 03:52 AM 05-22-2014
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
Thank you!

And brains too I am assuming but it always amazes me the things I have to tell them.
Please close the door behind you.
Please don't let the dogs out.
Please wipe your feet.

I mean it is like I have to provide constant supervision for the parents as well!

Nothing at this point. We kept everyone off of the driveway the next day and the hot sun allowed my hubby to smooth it out for the most part. She ruined her shoes though so she her stupidity wasn't without consequences.

daycarediva 04:36 AM 05-22-2014
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
My front yard is a HOT MESS. I do NOT care, I even moved my flowers in the front to the side/back because they picked them every time they saw a bud. Parents did nothing, so I gave up.

crazydaycarelady--- you've earned your username for sure! Your front yard is beautiful and I would be livid!
NeedaVaca 05:01 AM 05-22-2014
Time to install traffic spikes lol!
Attached: spike.jpg (12.0 KB) 
MarinaVanessa 06:28 AM 05-22-2014
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
Time to install traffic spikes lol!
She'd probably just step on that too and ruin a second pair of shoes and probably even her feet
Blackcat31 06:34 AM 05-22-2014
Originally Posted by MV:
She'd probably just step on that too and ruin a second pair of shoes and probably even her feet
...and then sue the provider for not having protective covers on the spikes to prevent anyone from getting hurt.
NeedaVaca 06:38 AM 05-22-2014
Originally Posted by MV:
ha ha, I actually meant for this to go in the other post about the sprinklers getting run over! Either way, these parents are destroying this poor providers property and I am so mad for her!
crazydaycarelady 06:51 AM 05-22-2014
Actually my hubby did suggest putting re-bar in the ground poking up around the sprinkler heads. But you know what would happen? Some helpless dcm would need his assistance changing her tire!
Tags:parents - do crazy things
Reply Up