Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>It Has Already Started...
Msdunny 12:26 PM 01-01-2019
I officially open next week, and I have already had a friend message me to see if I would keep her 2 SA grandchildren for two days during their track out 'as a favor'. That type of thing drive me crazy when I was open before.

"That's gonna be a hard no from me, dog"
Annalee 04:07 PM 01-01-2019
Originally Posted by Msdunny:
I officially open next week, and I have already had a friend message me to see if I would keep her 2 SA grandchildren for two days during their track out 'as a favor'. That type of thing drive me crazy when I was open before.

"That's gonna be a hard no from me, dog"
I used to reply with an explanation, but it has become so much easier to just say "No".
Pestle 05:43 AM 01-02-2019
How obnoxious! I must have more sensible/sensitive friends. Maybe it's because they're parenting young kids right now and know how expensive care is and how critical steady work is. They almost all insist on paying more than I try to charge them. None of them use daycare regularly and I think they're befuddled at how low the rates are relative to other forms of care.

That is, so far nobody is trying to use me as an alternative to free grandma care.
rosieteddy 07:07 AM 01-02-2019
Are you licensed ? If so just say "sorry without all the paperwork I can't do it".Tell anyone who askes the same.If you do not open that can of worms you should be able to dodge that bullet.Good luck on your opening stay strong.
Mike 09:32 AM 01-02-2019
I'd probably say something like:
Sure. My regular rate is $70/day for 2 children but I'll do it for you for $75.
I'd think about saying that anyway.

Good luck in the biz. They won't all be like that.
Lil_Diddle 12:29 PM 01-05-2019
During business hours, I am a business plain and simple. I will watch the kids, but not for free.
Tags:backbone, change of hours and contract, saying no
Reply Up