Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sign in Sheet Question-Help Please!
Country Kids 02:01 PM 08-28-2012
OK, I've revamped the way I charge and am now doing a flat rate. Thank you ladies for helping me with this. I feel good about this and pray no one gives me a hard time about this.

I will lose some money out on this but will also be making money in some respect. Lose money with full-timers (not much) but gain money with part-timers so it evens out in the long run.

Anyway for my question. When parents sign in and out is that what I put on their bill for their time or do I just put down what they have given me for a schedule?

Ex:

Parent signs in/out:7;00-4:00
Childs schedule: 7;00-4:15

Which one would I put on the bill.

I'm really confused as I am very used to billing an hourly rate.
nanglgrl 02:06 PM 08-28-2012
Since you are charging a flat rate and they are paying for a spot rather than hours I would say save yourself some time and don't put hours on the bill. I would still have them sign in/ out for tax purposes and to keep up with late pick up/ early drop off charges.
Blackcat31 02:10 PM 08-28-2012
Like nanglgrl said, you don't need to worry so much what you put on the billing since they are paying for a slot versus hours used.

For my sign in/out sheet, I write the actual times parents arrive and pick up because although they do pay for the slot, they do get billed "extra" fees if they are later or earlier than theri contracted times.

Make sense?
Crazy8 06:47 PM 08-28-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Like nanglgrl said, you don't need to worry so much what you put on the billing since they are paying for a slot versus hours used.

For my sign in/out sheet, I write the actual times parents arrive and pick up because although they do pay for the slot, they do get billed "extra" fees if they are later or earlier than theri contracted times.

Make sense?
same here - the sign in sheet helps me to see who was absent, late, etc. and it also helps me to figure out the standard meal deduction for my taxes, etc. but I bill weekly so that flat amount is on their statement - no mention of the hours they were here.
Tags:sign in - sample, sign in sheet
Reply Up