Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nap Time Issues
DaycareMama 08:35 AM 10-20-2010
Let me start by telling you whos here

My baby 21mo
dcbaby 18mo
dcg 2.5 yo

I was doing daycare upstairs where my dd bedroom is. Naptime she would go in her crib and sleep no problem. Now doing dc downstairs and I am not aloud to bring her up to her crib. She is not ready for a cot and screams bloody murder in a pac n play. She has never needed one so doesn't like them.
She NEEDS a nap!
The other baby I have is an unhappy child. Cries all the time since I took her at 6 weeks. She also only naps 20 mins a day. So by the time I get my dd to stay put on the cot the other baby is waking up and screaming. We are all in one room.
This is killing me. My husband works long hours so I am stuck with an over tired baby at night. Miserable is not the word for me.

Would appreciate any advice. Oh I have been trying the cot now for a month atleast. She will sleep if I hold her which is also causing problems with bedtime routine.
marniewon 01:55 PM 10-20-2010
Why can't you let her sleep in her own room? I understand that you can't have dck's napping on different floors than where you are, but this is YOUR child - shouldn't you be able to say what you do with your own child?
Blackcat31 02:05 PM 10-20-2010
Originally Posted by marniewon:
Why can't you let her sleep in her own room? I understand that you can't have dck's napping on different floors than where you are, but this is YOUR child - shouldn't you be able to say what you do with your own child?
I agree. If your child needs to nap and you are in her home, she should be allowed to nap in her own bed.
melskids 02:08 PM 10-20-2010
i am in NY too...and yes, you must be on the same floor as a napping child, even your own.

can you put her in a different room downstairs? you can do that, as long as the door is open and you use a baby monitor.

i can understand these rules for DC kids, but it is pretty rediculous to have to follow them for your own kids.
DaycareMama 03:10 PM 10-20-2010
I do have my bedroom directly across from the dc. I tried putting her in the pac and play in my room and she hates it. I have to be honest my room is more like a storage area then a bedroom. I can't stand being in there either. I think its to much for her.
I kind of blame myself. We don't get out of the house much at all so she is a creature of habit when it comes to sleep. I even gave our dog her own cot and lay it next to her. That did work 3 times. And today I held her till she got sleepy and laid her on the cot awake. She did actually stay down and fell a sleep. So maybe it is getting better? It is funny to see her laying cot to cot with a big ol dog. I guess patients will have to work on my end.
WImom 07:00 AM 10-21-2010
Could you get a crib from a friend or a used one on craigslist so you have a crib for her in your daycare?
DaycareMama 07:25 AM 10-21-2010
Ya know I didn't even think about getting or trying another crib. Thanks I will try that.
Tags:crib, napping, sleep problems
Reply Up