Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Photo Release Form?
sahm1225 07:22 PM 03-12-2019
For those that use that form, have you ever had parents opt out of having their child's picture taken? I have a generic one on my contract that says parents understand and consent to their child being photographed and pictures to be posted on our private sites. Before using the pictures of the public site, I always ask permission (and typically use my kids and/or nieces and nephews).
If anyone has a specific form they use would love to see it. I already used the search function to see a few of them posted on this site from years ago.
LittleExplorers 06:46 AM 03-13-2019
I have a very generic form. I do not post photos on any social media sites so mine wouldn't be helpful. I have had a patent opt out of photo texts so I rarely send any. The kids are generally in a group and I am not going to move the one kiddo out of the way of a photo.
Snowmom 07:30 AM 03-13-2019
I don't know how much of a help it will be, but here is my wording at the end of my contract.

Optional Provisions:
I grant permission to ABCDE to take or display photos of my child. These photos will be professional in nature and appropriate to my child’s daycare setting. These photos will be for purposes relating to ABC daycare.
_____________________ _______________
Parent/Guardian Signature Date
grandmom 02:27 PM 03-13-2019
My permission form is generically worded, but I did have a couple new parents not want their child on social media. I finally changed the form, and said something about it not being an option in my program. I can't ask your child to move out of the way of a great photo to accommodate that. Now all new parents are told that their permission is expected.
Blackcat31 07:17 AM 03-14-2019
I've never had a parent not sign the permission form for photographing.

I don't take nearly as many pictures now as I used to.

An important thing to remember to include in your photo release form is what happens to the pictures AFTER a family is no longer enrolled due to aging out or simply leaving (on both good and bad terms) as I've heard some horror stores about providers needing to re-do their entire website or advertising stuff because a disgruntled parent wanted all their kids' pictures removed from all of that after the parent and provider had a falling out.

Here are some more threads on permission forms for photos https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...o+release+form

and some more on photo release forms
https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...oto+permission
jenboo 09:25 AM 03-14-2019
I've had a few parents not sign it over the years.
LittleExplorers 11:15 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I've never had a parent not sign the permission form for photographing.

I don't take nearly as many pictures now as I used to.

An important thing to remember to include in your photo release form is what happens to the pictures AFTER a family is no longer enrolled due to aging out or simply leaving (on both good and bad terms) as I've heard some horror stores about providers needing to re-do their entire website or advertising stuff because a disgruntled parent wanted all their kids' pictures removed from all of that after the parent and provider had a falling out.
Yes! I also have a clause that says I have no control over what happens once the pictures are sent. I ask that parents respect other families and do not post other peoples' children on social media, I can not prevent it.

Growing up my photo was in a newspaper. Some creeps from the state prison used the phonebook to find numbers and call kiddos and say nasty preverted things. I was 7 and still remember it. I am very protective of my own children and photographs because of it so I totally understand a parent wanting to opt out.
Tags:photo release form
Reply Up