Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Lots of Poops and Bad Rash!
Unregistered 09:46 AM 09-16-2019
Recently turned 1yr old poops 3-4 times a day, very runny (almost pure liquid at times) and has a constant rash. I put cream on every time and change frequently, but rash is almost to the point of bleeding. He is only part time, and it is definitely worse after he comes back from time at home/with grandparents. She says she does daily baths and allows him some "airing out" time afterwards.
1) would you require a doctor visit, or just continue to cream?
2) is is weird to document the rash? Baby bum pictures seem creepy lol
Cat Herder 09:55 AM 09-16-2019
Does this child consume baby food pouches? Many of them fruit and citrus?
Unregistered 10:50 AM 09-16-2019
sounds like it could be milk intolerance. newly turned one year old probable just started drinking cows milk? he may have an intolerance that's why his poo is like water.
Unregistered 11:04 AM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Does this child consume baby food pouches? Many of them fruit and citrus?
He doesn't do pouches here. He does have some fruits (no citrus), but I don't do a lot of baby food (any I do here is 'home made') Not sure what he does at home for sure. He has a list of foods he's tried and there are lots of fruits but no citrus as of last time she filled it out.

Originally Posted by Unregistered:
sounds like it could be milk intolerance. newly turned one year old probable just started drinking cows milk? he may have an intolerance that's why his poo is like water.
He started whole milk at 8 months at home .... I didn't let him switch here until he was one. He has been having bms like this since he started having babyfood at home (at 3 months...) but the rash is definitely been getting worse lately
Ariana 11:43 AM 09-16-2019
I exclude for runny poops and unexplained rashes so he would need to see a DR and have some kind of diagnosis with a management plan to attend.

That is just wrong for this little guy. I feel bad for him and his little bum
Unregistered 01:10 PM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I exclude for runny poops and unexplained rashes so he would need to see a DR and have some kind of diagnosis with a management plan to attend.

That is just wrong for this little guy. I feel bad for him and his little bum
I went to look at my handbook/contract because I was SURE I had a diarrhea policy, but I can't find it in any of my paperwork! I assume it got looked over when I updated! I usually do preschool age so my policy was 1 diarrhea that didn't make it to the toilet, or 2 in one day (that did make it to the toilet) I'm not really sure what is diarrhea in an infant though, and what is just baby poop lol
AmyKidsCo 01:30 PM 09-16-2019
Could be dairy sensitivity, or at this time of year LOTS of fruit. Especially if he's transitioning to feeding himself table food instead of baby food.

I'd take photos to document, then put them somewhere hard to access so someone won't accidentally come across them.
Tags:rash - open, rash - yeast, rash policy
Reply Up