Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How to Get Kids Interested?
Unregistered 07:02 AM 04-08-2010
Soooooo I have been doing daycare for 5 years now and I feel like my days have never been as chaotic as they are now! I am not sure if it is the group of kids I have or the ages or what exactly is going on, but I feel like they could careless about what "I want them to do" They are all very good, I don't mean they are completely out of control children, they are good listeners, just have no attention spans what so ever! It seems that whenever I have things planned for us to do, they could careless or their attention is only with me for 5-10 minutes!! They seem to be much more happy playing by themselves and doing their own little things!! I have 2 one year olds (just turned 1), I have 2 two year olds (almost 3), I have 3 three year olds (just turned 3) and a 5 year old, I will add a 6 year old and an 8 year old in the summer! I guess I am wondering how you all have these completely organized days, with all these activities and keep all of the children engaged! I feel like I am talking to myself the majority of the day and am finding that I am putting alot of hard work outside of daycare to get our days organized and none of the kids want to do any of it other than the 5 year old! Ugh how do you guys do it! I mean yes sometimes it works out, but most of them time it is pointless! : I
Tags:activities
Up