Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Would It Be Wrong To Slap A DCM?
lovemykidstoo 06:16 AM 02-28-2013
Some of you might remember my recent thread about an almost 2 year old that started biting the end of his pacifier off. Well, I said on that day that he would no longer have it here and he has been 100% fine with that. Doesn't give me any problem with it at all. He still comes with it in his mouth, but when he comes in, dad puts it in his bag. He doesn't even look for it during the day until the moment mom comes to the door. Fine, he can have it leaving here. I dont' care what they do at home. Well, today mom brings him, he has his pacifier in his mouth, fine. He puts it in his bag. She stands and talks to me for a minute. Then she says to him, where is your pacifier. I said, he put it in his bag. She reaches in, picks it up and puts it in his mouth. I'm asking WHYYYYYYYYY?!!! Idiot.
Heidi 06:21 AM 02-28-2013
Didn't his dad do the same exact thing last week?
lovemykidstoo 06:26 AM 02-28-2013
Originally Posted by Heidi:
Didn't his dad do the same exact thing last week?
He did one or two times, now he comes in with it in his mouth and dad says, oh that's right you can't have it here. Makes me the big bad lady
Loveyoustinkyface 06:35 AM 02-28-2013
Maybe you should make a little sign or a yard sign that says " BINKIE FREE ZONE " or "All Pacifiers will be Executed"....make it cute

Sigh..... smile, it's gonna be a good day
momofsix 06:38 AM 02-28-2013
Go ahead...slap her
Seriously I don't understand what makes some people do what they do
NeedaVaca 06:49 AM 02-28-2013
That's ridiculous! I would just put it back on her! Say something like WHY would you encourage him to put that in his mouth when he obviously doesn't even want it? See what she says...
KDC 06:56 AM 02-28-2013
Direct approach is the best... but, the passive aggressive part of me would come down to his level, and whisper loudly... Guess Mommy forgot our rule of no paci's in the daycare, should we give her a time out?, hahahaha... all while holding the bag back out to grab it. Some parents, just are clueless
lovemykidstoo 06:57 AM 02-28-2013
I have to say that I'm not usually at a loss for words, but she just dumbfounded me this morning. She continues to just irritate the crap out of me. From day 1 she has been a pain in the ass. She is one that I've complained about how she just walks in the house without so much as a knock. I typically lock my door, but sometimes someone will have just left and she just walks into my home and scares the daylights out of me. The last time she did that a child was getting ready to go and he was standing inside the door. She burst in and nearly got him in the head with the doorknob. I told her right then, you need to knock because you about gave him a concussion. Then she also argued with me before about him coming with a fever. I posted that here before. She said oh you consider 100 a "real" fever? Ahh yea. She was one that complained when someone had a cold and was here because her child might get sick, but yet wants to send him with a fever. She is just a complete dumbass.
TheGoodLife 07:30 AM 02-28-2013
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
He did one or two times, now he comes in with it in his mouth and dad says, oh that's right you can't have it here. Makes me the big bad lady
"Yes, Little Johnny, I care about you not choking, so no paci here." Stupid parents!!
lovemykidstoo 07:42 AM 02-28-2013
Good suggestions you guys.

Oh and also this morning, she gets here at 8:00. She says, oh he'll be tired today he was up early. Oh, what time did he get up? 6:45. Okay, that doesn't seem early to me. What time did he go to bed? 7:30. Okay, rumdum, how long do you think he should sleep and what time do you think he should get up when you have to leave the house at 7:30?

Also since he got up early you fed him breakfast right? Ahhh no.
KnoxMom 08:11 AM 02-28-2013
Good suggestions you guys.

Also since he got up early you fed him breakfast right? Ahhh no.
Hilarious!
Blackcat31 08:17 AM 02-28-2013
Can you afford to term them?

It just sounds to me as if they are really not a good fit for you and rather than allow the resntment to build (and it will) it seems a better solution would be to let them go and for both you and for them to find care that is a better fit.
lovemykidstoo 08:41 AM 02-28-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Can you afford to term them?

It just sounds to me as if they are really not a good fit for you and rather than allow the resntment to build (and it will) it seems a better solution would be to let them go and for both you and for them to find care that is a better fit.
I wish I could. The dcb is one of my best kids. The dad really isn't bad, but the mother ugh. My hubby hasn't worked in a year, so no way can I let them go.
BBDC 01:06 PM 04-26-2013
I wish I could. The dcb is one of my best kids. The dad really isn't bad, but the mother ugh. My hubby hasn't worked in a year, so no way can I let them go.
to bad we cant term parents and keep kids lol!
Kaddidle Care 03:50 PM 04-26-2013
Perhaps stuff an article or two in the diaper bag about how pacifiers after age 2 can cause:

"Dental malocclusion (misalignment of the teeth, such as open bite, crossbite, or overjet)'
http://www.aafp.org/afp/2009/0415/p681.html

"Prolonged pacifier use and thumb-sucking can cause problems with the proper growth of the mouth, alignment of the teeth and changes in the shape of the roof of the mouth," AGD spokesperson Dr Luke Matranga said.

http://www.dentalplans.com/dentalhea...al-health.html

I was a thumb sucker (while sleeping untile age 5) - every Dentist I've visited has complained about my maloccusion. While some find a buck-toothed kid appealing, I can only say WHY?
Angelsj 07:05 AM 04-27-2013
Originally Posted by BBDC:
to bad we cant term parents and keep kids lol!
Too bad, because I would!! Last night, one of mine told me, "We think she is ruining her teeth by sucking her thumb, so when we see her do it, we slap her hand out of her mouth.....and give her a sucker!!" WHAT?!!
For the record, I have NEVER seen this kiddo suck her thumb.
Patches 09:37 AM 04-27-2013
Originally Posted by Angelsj:
Too bad, because I would!! Last night, one of mine told me, "We think she is ruining her teeth by sucking her thumb, so when we see her do it, we slap her hand out of her mouth.....and give her a sucker!!" WHAT?!!
For the record, I have NEVER seen this kiddo suck her thumb.
WOW....because candy is sooo much better for their teeth than their thumb I don't get some people's thought process
mrsnj 11:32 AM 04-29-2013
Two is too old for pacis anyway. Dck here are not allowed to walk around with them. Babies get them during naps only (except for newborns). I would have taken it back out and handed it to mom and said sorry. Not allowed. I lovvvvvve enablers. *rolling eyes*
Reply Up