Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Children's Car Deaths in the Summer versus Winter
Country Kids 06:39 AM 06-27-2018
Since last week when we had a child left in car and passed away, there have been numerous articles being posted about hot car deaths, don't leave your child in the car when it's hot, etc.

I began reading these and the reason parent's leave the child in the car. Then I googled leaving children in cars, when do children die the most in cars, and a few other wordings in my search. 99.5% if not 100% were saying do not leave your child in a hot car, hot car deaths on the rise for children, heat stroke in children from being left in the car, etc.

What I find interesting is there are no articles on children being left in the car in the winter and dying, no warnings for not to leave your child in your car in the winter, no articles on children and hypothermia from being left in the car.

Do parents not leave forget their children in the colder months? What is the difference between summer and winter? Parents surely switch schedules, go into autuzone in the winter, take a different route, are still tired or stressed in the winter and all the other reasons given in articles for why children are left in the car during the summer.

It has sparked a wonderment to me of why this happens in the summer and not winter. What are your thoughts on this and do think kid's are left in the car and don't die or just not needing medical attention when found because of cooler temps. I just am perplexed by this and curious to what others thought on here.
Tags:bonding, distracted parents, hot car death, hot car deaths, oxytocin
Up