Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Bed Wetting-- My Daughter
originalkat 07:43 AM 07-19-2010
Okay...so my daughter 3 yrs 4 months is FINALLY potty trained. This attempt (about 2 weeks ago) was successful and she is not having any accidents. YIPPEE! She was usually dry when waking up with a pull up before potty training and for the first few nights in underwear she was waking up dry in the morning. But now for some reason she has wet the bed every night. She was so attached to her pull ups before that I really dont want to put her in pull-ups at night because I am afraid she will revert back. (SHE LOVED HER PULL UPS) So now that she is in panties I dont want to go back...but what do I do? I was thinking of "Good Nights" underwear for bigger kids or I have heard of something called PODS (Potty On Discrete Strips) that she could wear on her panties at night. Any other ideas? THANKS GUYS!
kitkat 09:33 AM 07-19-2010
My son will be 6 in Nov and has only been dry at night a handful of times. We use Goodnites and they are just another form of a pull up. A friend of mine tried the boxers version and said they were a pain (not sure if it was Goodnites or a different brand). We use to do pull ups, but we were having odor issues and needed more absorbency. Personally, I would skip the Goodnites and go with a generic brand of pull ups. Since she can stay dry at night, I would put underwear on and then a pull up over it. That way she still has the reassurance of her beloved pull ups and you have her in underwear. It might make the transition to full time underwear go a bit smoother.
DBug 10:38 AM 07-19-2010
My daughter is just a few months younger than yours, and I had the exact same concerns. I didn't want her to wear Pull-Ups even at night because I was worried she'd regress. I put away all Pull-Ups completely when she first started training and just used plastic pants over her underwear at night. I started out using padded underwear (cloth training pants), and then went to regular underwear under the plastic pants. It worked quite well. If she did pee at night, it was contained (no wet bedsheets to wash), but she could still feel it. It took about a month or so, and now she's completely dry every night. Now if we could just get through the week with no day-time accidents
Lilbutterflie 11:39 AM 07-19-2010
I found with my daughter to limit her fluid intake an hour or two before bed helped a lot. There are also sheet protectors you can buy to put underneath them to keep the sheets from getting wet, too.
Vesta 11:46 AM 07-19-2010
Probably TMI on my part, but my parents bribed me with a pair of Wonder Woman Underoos if I didn't pee the bed for a month.
I was 4, and I guess I was pretty set on those panties. It just took the one month (so says my mom).
We were just discussing this the other day because they have changed Wonder Woman's costume and we don't think they could make the new one into underoos.
We bribed my DD with a pretty new set of sheets that she couldn't use until she wasn't peeing on her sheets anymore, and limiting her fluid intake in the evenings.
originalkat 12:45 PM 07-19-2010
I think I might try the panties under the pull-up and/or getting a larger potty-proof mat to lay over her sheets. We have a smallish one now and of course she is never on the pad when she potties. We have a waterproof mattress cover but I am just tired of having to pull EVERYTHING off everyday, ya know?!?!
MarinaVanessa 01:14 PM 07-19-2010
She's still young so right now it isn't abnormal at her age but just to keep in mind if it continues on in the next few years you may want to check with a doctor. My cousin wet her bed no matter what my aunt tried up until she was 10. We always made fun of her, got her diapers for christmas etc up until this weekend. She's 24 now and she has always had to go pee every few hours and got frequent UTI's. She went to the Doctor's this last week and found out that she has weakened bladder muscles . Doc says it was probably the reason why she wet her bed at such a young age. Who knew.

For now I think that limiting her liquid intake, having her go potty right before bed and panty liners (plastic underwear) are a good idea. I also read that most kids wet their beds because they don't wake up in the middle of night if they have to go potty. They sell watch timers for bedwetters with an alarm that wakes them up during the night to remind them to go but I would think that a regular watch with a loud alarm would work. When we were potty training I saw these alarms that you put on the child's undies that sounded when they wet their undies lol. I thought it was very amusing . Here's the link.

http://bedwettingstore.com/Bedwettin...ting_alarm.htm
Tags:bed wetting
Reply Up