Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Love My Days, My "Kids" And My Life!
mickey2 05:42 PM 02-09-2011
I just feel so fortunate I really do! From time to time I do have very small issues but overall, I just LOVE my job (the good/easy and the "difficult") and I have for 6 years! I look forward to Monday mornings each week. I thank my God every day for the opportunity to make a difference and to be a part of each of these children's lives! I love them all so much!~ I have wonderful families and my husband and I have developed friendships that will last a lifetime.

There are and will be many days when I do not feel that they are so wonderful, but I try to consider just what child or parent may be going through and I adjust.
cillybean83 06:21 PM 02-09-2011
that's too sweet <3
Abigail 06:41 PM 02-09-2011
Children First, I think I missed my dose of enthusiam today. I'm glad you're happy. I'm REALLY EXCITED to start a daycare. I really enjoy spending time with kids and learning and having a schedule to follow....for my own sake! Thanks for sharing something positive and reminding me to thank God more often for things in my life.
ninosqueridos 07:16 PM 02-09-2011
I really needed to hear that positivity - it is reminding me of what's really important. Thank you!
Little People 03:43 AM 02-10-2011
AMEN!
Cat Herder 04:22 AM 02-10-2011
No climbing trees for you!!!
DCMom 05:03 AM 02-10-2011
Originally Posted by Children First:
I just feel so fortunate I really do! From time to time I do have very small issues but overall, I just LOVE my job (the good/easy and the "difficult") and I have for 6 years! I look forward to Monday mornings each week. I thank my God every day for the opportunity to make a difference and to be a part of each of these children's lives! I love them all so much!~ I have wonderful families and my husband and I have developed friendships that will last a lifetime.

There are and will be many days when I do not feel that they are so wonderful, but I try to consider just what child or parent may be going through and I adjust.
Thank you for saying that; I feel the same way even after 22 years of doing this. I guess we chose the right profession, huh?
Cat Herder 05:45 AM 02-10-2011
I am giving you a hard time because it is fun... I fully agree with how you feel.

Doing this job is what allows me to be the wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt and mentor I dreamed of becoming as a child.

There is no other job in the world that would allow me to be there for my family whenever they need me, make an decent enough income to allow for all three of my children to attend college, build a retirement, get out of debt while paying all my bills AND actually contribute to society at the same time.

Does it really get any better??

Some days it is pretty miserable, let's be honest....but mostly it is rewarding, fun and guilt free. Mothers guilt will kill you, ya know!!!
Zoe 10:16 AM 02-10-2011
I know what you mean! I loved being a teacher, but I always missed my kids and hated having to be "watched" by others. As a daycare provider, I get to raise my kids my own way, still have fun with and teach kids, and get to be my own boss! My house gets to be as clean as I like it because I'm home to clean it. I'm helping out my family with income and helping us get out of debt. It's such a great feeling to be in this profession!
skittles 10:37 AM 02-10-2011
When my kids reached school age I chose to continue daycare as well. Most days I feel like I am not working just loving what I do. I love the chaos, noise, and keeping busy, and it just seems a normal part of my day. Lately, I have been running out of time to complete our crafts and activities. We have been keeping so busy this winter and having fun. I have "bad" days as well but most of the time it is not the children it is the parents. For example; parents refusing to pick up their kids or bringing their kids to daycare sick. Parents are stressed because their child isn't potty training at a year or two old ectt
Tags:fortunate, positive
Reply Up