Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Background Check w/Care.com
Scout 07:30 PM 08-20-2012
How long do these take? I think it will be one week tomorrow That is more than a few days to me!!

Nickel 07:55 PM 08-20-2012
wow. mine took less than 2 days and it was a weekend. wonder why it's taking so long
MaritimeMummy 03:17 AM 08-21-2012
I didn't know you could do this! I just discovered Care.com yesterday and my account is pending. Will I have an option to do this once my account is active?
Unregistered 11:12 AM 08-28-2012
Hi there, I am a Member care representative from Care.com. A standard background check on our site normally takes about 24 hours to be completed. Check your ‘My Background Check’ page to see what the status of the check is. Also, make sure that everything else on your profile has already been approved. If an aspect of the profile is still pending approval, then that would hinder the background check from getting send out. I hope this information helps!
Crazy8 06:54 PM 08-28-2012
do you have to have a paid membership to have the background check done?
Scout 07:00 PM 08-28-2012
No, it will cost $8 for a standard check. Too bad i didn' t check tbe little box to allow people to view it today when i applied
Former Teacher 04:56 PM 08-29-2012
FWIW

I am a member of care.com. I have never paid for a background check. I always waited until the parent paid for one. Then it's good for a year.

Granted....if you want to get kids right away you may not want to wait until a parent contacts you.

I just never paid for mine
Unregistered 07:47 PM 09-06-2013
What is ridiculous is if my daughter wants to be a care giver, why do *I* need to give care.com all of my personal information and consent to background checks? I shouldn't have to dole out my personal information to allow my daughter to be approved.
Tags:care.com
Reply Up