Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Drained Already
Unregistered 05:35 AM 11-26-2014
I've been doing childcare for 11 years. Between nannying, in home daycare, center and back to in home. I've been back doing in home for 2 months and I'm already drained. Burnt out. This group of kids is so difficult. I have two families that require later nights so I find myself working 7:30-6:30 two nights a week and 7:30-5/5:30 the other 3 days. I find myself wondering if I made a wrong choice going back to in home
hope 05:41 AM 11-26-2014
Cut your hours down. Have the parents figure it out. They can have relatives pick up or one parent can go into work earlier and leave work earlier. You are working long hours and can't keep that up.
CraftyMom 06:01 AM 11-26-2014
I agree. Have set hours that work FOR YOU. It will make a huge difference!

I cut back my hours a year ago and I am so glad I did. Turns out my families didn't NEED to be here as long as they were, but since I was open and willing, they used the time.
Heidi 11:08 AM 11-26-2014
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:

I cut back my hours a year ago and I am so glad I did. Turns out my families didn't NEED to be here as long as they were, but since I was open and willing, they used the time.
Same here!

I had one person call me up needing care at 6:15am. When I said I don't open that early, her answer was "ok, well, then my husband can bring them on his way to work at 7:45"

YA THINK????

Annalee 11:10 AM 11-26-2014
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:

If a client wants your services they WILL make it work!
Reply Up