Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Termination Letter or Not?
DaisyMamma 11:58 AM 05-03-2012
Yesterday I posted "no show, no call" and today DCG3 is once again a no show, no call.
How long do I wait before assuming she is gone?

DCF pays cash, so should I just consider her gone after not hearing anything, by say, Monday? Or should I send a term letter offering for them to pickup their belongings by a certain date?

I've never had this happen before. The family never made a deposit so I'm SOL with the 2-week notice. As of now all families who enroll have to pay the last two weeks of care.
SunshineMama 12:00 PM 05-03-2012
I would term immediately, and send a registered letter requesting 2 weeks of pay, since she did not provide a two week notice. Then take them to small claims court if they do not pay you what they owe.
daycare123 12:01 PM 05-03-2012
Have you tried contacting the family?
Crazy8 04:34 PM 05-03-2012
based on your other post are you saying she hasn't shown up since some time before last Friday?? If so, I'd definitely consider her terminated. I would sent an email or text to that effect before putting the letter in the mail in case she decides to just show up tomorrow.

I would tell her all fees are still due as long as that is how your contract is worded. Whether you want to take her to court over it will be up to you.
DaisyMamma 04:40 PM 05-03-2012
That's right, she has not been here in a week as of tomorrow, Friday. The first two days the mom texted me a half hour before arrival time saying she wouldn't be here.
daycare 05:55 PM 05-03-2012
in my policy I have it written that if you are absent 3 days without communication you will automatically be dropped from the program. I have never had it happen. BUt if it did, I would send a letter certified mail, and tell them they have 30 days to get their belongings. Any outstanding fees would also need to be paid in 30 days or I will turn you into collections.

ALL of my clients pay a deposit and they all pay monthly. So if they leave in the middle of the month they really do them self over..
Mary Poppins 06:45 PM 05-03-2012
I have in my policies that unless I receive written notice of termination they are still considered enrolled and tuition will continue to accrue BUT their spot may not be available because I also have in my policies that without a written schedule submitted by Friday each week, I may not be available for care (although tuition still applies). I also charge a late fee if I don't get a call saying they will be late and there is no cap on it! Technically it adds up to $20 per hour for however many hours they are late without calling.

So in your case, this could really add up lol. Not sure if it would hold up in court but it sure could get spendy if someone bailed on me and I enforced my collective policies.
Blackcat31 06:49 AM 05-04-2012
I have the 3 strikes you are out rule. If a client fails to contact me for 3 consecutive days in a row, they are automatically withdrawn and billed for their final two weeks of care.

Even part timers have to follow that rule. It isnt hard to pick up the phone and call or send a quick text so excuses for no contact dont sit well with me.
DaisyMamma 04:52 AM 05-05-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
in my policy I have it written that if you are absent 3 days without communication you will automatically be dropped from the program.
This is now in my policies
Tags:termination letter
Reply Up