Daycare.com Forum Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 05-26-2016, 09:56 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default Non Blanching Rash

How serious is a non blanching rash? Dcm shows up today with child who has severe bug bites all over her head and neck. The child has scratched them so much they look infected. On her forehead she has a rash which is not blanching when pressed. Mom has no idea where this rash came from and is not the least bit concerned. I have never seen a rash like this before and Dr. Google is scaring me to death because it looks like meningitis rash.

Anyway mom has been called to pick up but how serious is this type of rash...from a non google standpoint?
Old 05-26-2016, 10:34 AM
Daycare.com Member

Can you post a picture?

I send home for any type of undiagnosed rash. I need a dr note.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:36 AM
New Daycare.com Member

Definitely request a dr note before returning.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:49 AM
Daycare.com Member

I would be worried about the bites becoming infected with a staph infection. One of my dcgs years ago had that happen and needed an antibiotic cream to clear it up. The bites looked infected and the skin in the surrounding area became red.
Old 05-26-2016, 04:27 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I would post pics but I have no clue how to do it without a hosting site.

She took the kid to the DR and he said it was just "irritation" from something, like heat, hat or bed sheets. WTF?! I never heard of such a thing in my life. Localized purplish non blanching rash as being a skin irritation?