Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>To Change or Not to Change....Facebook
mrsnj 01:55 PM 11-26-2019
So I currently run an inhome and looks like we might be expanding to a center. We are changing the name. For the facebook page would you build off the current facebook page? Or start a whole new page? I don't have a lot of personal information on the current page ( like kids names or places we go etc). Its more photos of what we do etc and contact info. Would you keep the photos of what the kids are doing and build off it or start all a new (which clearly will take a while as the center isn't open yet)?
Michael 03:11 PM 11-26-2019
I believe they allow you to change the name. Check in your settings.
mrsnj 03:24 PM 11-26-2019
They do. Im asking which is best...to start over with a new page or the change the name and continue on as an expansion
Unregistered 04:32 AM 11-27-2019
I would save the name of a successful business at all.
Ariana 05:19 AM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by mrsnj:
They do. Im asking which is best...to start over with a new page or the change the name and continue on as an expansion
I would continue on especially if the kids are following you to the centre. I think it makes the most sense and is a smooth transition to the new name and location.
Snowmom 05:55 AM 11-27-2019
Unless you're doing a complete overhaul and changing your style of learning, I would keep it.
Baby Beluga 06:08 AM 11-27-2019
I would keep it and when you move from an in-home to the center perhaps make a pinned post about moving and being excited for the new changes and opportunities, etc.

A while back FB added a "transparency section" on their pages that allows viewers to see the dates of when pages were started and when names where changed. Since you've had your in-home page for a while, I would not want to lose the original date.
mrsnj 06:38 AM 12-04-2019
Thank you. I'll start working on that today. I have a group page thats currently running but my business page is archived for right now.
Tags:facebook page
Reply Up