Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Wording Help, Pick Up Times
Baby Beluga 04:18 PM 07-15-2020
How do you word that a child needs to be picked up and have left the premises by their pick up contracted time? Not that the parent or caregiver arrives at the pick up time, then wants to stay and chat about the child's day?
Blackcat31 05:18 PM 07-15-2020
All children/families must pick AND be off the child care premises on or before their scheduled pick up time”

Ex: 3:45 pick up means arrive prior to 3:45 so that time allows for dressing, signing in/out and buckling in car and off premises BY 3:45.“

That’s how my memos read
Cat Herder 04:00 AM 07-16-2020
On original SIGNED contract: "Your scheduled drop off time is 7:30 AM. Your scheduled pick up time is BY 3:45 PM, not AT 3:45 PM. Children should be picked up and off the property by 3:45 PM. A fee of $1 per minute before and after hours will be accrued and charged to your account. Please plan accordingly and make sure these times work for your family before enrolling."
Baby Beluga 08:29 AM 07-16-2020
Thank you both!
Snowmom 05:24 PM 07-16-2020
My late fee policy:

Arriving AT or AFTER your contracted deadline is considered late and you will incur late fees equal to $1 per minute for every minute you are on the daycare premises.

I tell them rom the very beginning: being in the driveway counts too. I can't leave until you are OFF my property. If they keep me from any sports or appointments after hours, I won't keep them as clients.
AmyKidsCo 01:09 PM 07-22-2020
"An initial $10.00 flat fee, plus an additional $1.00 per minute fee per child will be charged for each minute the child is on the premises during these times."
Tags:late fee policy, pick up issues, pick up times
Reply Up