Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New Family
momofboys 09:45 AM 06-09-2010
My new family (almost 3 yr old boy & 5 yr od girl) started today. So far it is going very well! The kids are polite, put their napkins in the trash, plates in the sink, etc (without being asked) And to boot they don't use foul language PArents came a day early to drop off Pull-Ups/wipes/give me my payment in advance. I think I will like this family! Mom picks up at 3:00 today so that will be good too. I like early pick-ups! The only trouble I've had so far is that the almost 3 year old resisted going down for a nap but I think he did finally give in & fall asleep. I'm hoping that things go well with this family. The mom hinted if it did & I would accept them that they would like to use me in the fall too. DD would be in K but I would have the 3 yr old DS would be with me all day. I'd like that! And I'd drop my teacher family if that would occur.
Pammie 09:59 AM 06-09-2010
Yay for you!!
I love when families start off on the right foot!! (And I know from your posts that you'd like to be done with your teachers family)
Hope all continues to go well for you and for them!!
momofboys 11:18 AM 06-09-2010
Wow! Mom just picked up at 2:25! I like this family so far!
MarinaVanessa 02:16 PM 06-09-2010
Hooray for you!! That's awsome and I wouldn't worry about the 3 yo not napping yet. I just got a 2yo (almost 3) and this is her 2nd week and she was the same the first week. She fought nap time and I had to put in her cot 10-15 times until she stayed each day. The first day I had to sit next to her cot and kept laying her down over and over. The 2nd day wasn't as bad but she still got up a few times and cried. By the 3rd day she just laid down even thought I could see she didn't want to.

Each time she told me that she didn't want to take a nap I told her that she didn't have to. I told her that it was "quiet time" for the babies and that she just needed to lay in her cot quietly and she could take a book as long as she was quiet. She seemed to accept that answer and before I knew it she was asleep. Same thing this week. I knew that arguing with her was only going to make her fuss more and in the end she'd fall asleep anyway. Now she says she doesn't want to nap but doesn't cry and it's half-hearted anyway. I think she's doing it out of habit. I just tell her to lay quietly and boom, she's asleep.
Tags:new family
Reply Up