Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Prayers for DCB
Hazel 05:51 AM 10-27-2014
One of my all time favorite DCB (18 mos) had an accident over the weekend. Some how he was able to reach up onto the kitchen table and pull his fathers freshly made coffee down onto himself. His father turned his back to put his spoon from the coffee in the sink not realizing the baby could finally reach that high. He has second degree burns on his shoulder, upper arm and back. He was flown to CHOP and kept overnight. He is home now and thankfully doesn't need skin graphs. His parents are the sweetest DCP I have EVER had the pleasure to work with and DCB is an absolute joy to have everyday. It was a freak accident that could happen to anyone. My heart aches for him and his parents. Please keep lil man in your prayers for a swift recovery. I saw a picture of the burns and it looks so painful!
KiddieCahoots 07:18 AM 10-27-2014
Prayers coming your way for the little guy, hoping he heals quickly
Blackcat31 09:18 AM 10-27-2014
Poor little guy...

Sending prayers for a speedy recovery.
snbauser 10:09 AM 10-27-2014
Poor guy! Sending prayers to him and his dad. Almost the exact same thing happened to my son about 2 weeks before he turned 2. We lived in a small 2 bedroom apartment at the time. He was in the livingroom playing. The kitchen was in the middle of the apartment with walls on 3 of the 4 sides. Livingroom on one side and bedrooms on the otherside. My tea water was boiling so I got up and went around the corner to the kitchen to pour it, pushed it back from the edge like I always did, and walked back into the livingroom to see him gone. I figured he went into his bedroom. I went into his bedroom to check to see what he was doing and heard a crash and a scream from the kitchen and went running back in to see that he had pulled my tea cup down. Up until that point I was not aware that he could scale the cabinets which is the only way he could have reached the cup. He must have gone from his room into the kitchen when I went from the kitchen to the livingroom. It was literally like 30 seconds. He ended up with 2nd degree burns on his face, neck, and shoulder. He is 22 now and thankfully the burns healed nicely and you can't really see them anymore.
Hazel 10:22 AM 10-27-2014
Originally Posted by snbauser:
Poor guy! Sending prayers to him and his dad. Almost the exact same thing happened to my son about 2 weeks before he turned 2. We lived in a small 2 bedroom apartment at the time. He was in the livingroom playing. The kitchen was in the middle of the apartment with walls on 3 of the 4 sides. Livingroom on one side and bedrooms on the otherside. My tea water was boiling so I got up and went around the corner to the kitchen to pour it, pushed it back from the edge like I always did, and walked back into the livingroom to see him gone. I figured he went into his bedroom. I went into his bedroom to check to see what he was doing and heard a crash and a scream from the kitchen and went running back in to see that he had pulled my tea cup down. Up until that point I was not aware that he could scale the cabinets which is the only way he could have reached the cup. He must have gone from his room into the kitchen when I went from the kitchen to the livingroom. It was literally like 30 seconds. He ended up with 2nd degree burns on his face, neck, and shoulder. He is 22 now and thankfully the burns healed nicely and you can't really see them anymore.
So sorry for you having to go through that! What a nightmare! Just goes to show, anything can happen, even to the most careful person!
I got to see the little guy (dad was dropping off the payment) and he was happy as can be. Dad said he thinks the bandages they use are medicated and might also help dull the pain.. Bc he sure seemed good to me! I'm so glad he's going to be ok. Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers!
PitterPatter 07:31 PM 10-27-2014
Originally Posted by Hazel:
One of my all time favorite DCB (18 mos) had an accident over the weekend. Some how he was able to reach up onto the kitchen table and pull his fathers freshly made coffee down onto himself. His father turned his back to put his spoon from the coffee in the sink not realizing the baby could finally reach that high. He has second degree burns on his shoulder, upper arm and back. He was flown to CHOP and kept overnight. He is home now and thankfully doesn't need skin graphs. His parents are the sweetest DCP I have EVER had the pleasure to work with and DCB is an absolute joy to have everyday. It was a freak accident that could happen to anyone. My heart aches for him and his parents. Please keep lil man in your prayers for a swift recovery. I saw a picture of the burns and it looks so painful!
Aw praying for a speedy recovery and for the parents peace of mind.
Hazel 09:58 AM 10-28-2014
An update on our little guy. He stopped by yesterday with his dad to drop off payment and acted like his normal self. Wanted to get down and play! Lol.
I talked to mom last night and she got permission to work from home but we both decided that if the doctors gave the ok, he could come for a couple hours a day. So he's here today and hasn't even let on that he's in any kind of pain. I know he's not on prescription pain Meds but I can't imagine Motrin cutting pain like that. It's his shoulder, so it gets moved a lot. But hey, if he's not complaining, neither am I! He came a little later than normal (around 9) and is staying until about 2 if all goes well. Then he will be back tomorrow and Friday. We didn't want to throw him off TOO much, especially since he is behaving like nothing happened.. He's at that delicate age where separation anxiety can creep in and rear its ugly head.. Lol
Thanks everyone for the love and prayers.
Francine 09:26 AM 10-29-2014
Sending Prayers!!
Reply Up