Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nannyde The Real Thing! Thank You
daycare 01:36 PM 07-28-2011
I just wanted to first off say Thank you to Nannyde for giving me the advice and support about a DC issuse that I am having.

I know some of you think that she comes off too strong or doubt her, but I was given the opportunity for a million dollars (just kidding) to talk to her over the phone.

I have to say she has the most calming sweetest voice and really knows what she is talking about. She has stratgies and logic for this business that I could have NEVER thoguht of.....
She explained them so that even "I" could understand....lol and that says A LOT!!!

I know that it is hard online over text to read a person's body language, tone of voice or personality.

I have never looked at the some of the issues she brought up while talking with her and I am starting to really look at the way I do things around here A lot differently.

Seriously Nan, you need to write not only your blogs, but some books.....

Nanny 911 of the south!!

Oh and I almost melted when you said Ya'all....................love it!!
kidkair 01:40 PM 07-28-2011
What she really needs to do is make a video series so that everyone can hear and see her tone of voice and body language skills that cannot be typed out.
Unregistered 02:11 PM 07-28-2011
Right - because some of her posts come across sounding less than gracious - sometimes it's just the "tone of voice" she uses that makes her seem so "holier than thou." A little softer approach to the way things are said would enable me to hear what she's saying more than how she's saying it.
nannyde 02:30 PM 07-28-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
I know some of you think that she comes off too strong or doubt her, but I was given the opportunity for a million dollars (just kidding) to talk to her over the phone.
Soon as that million dollar paypal invoice is paid I will be quitting all three of my jobs.

Check your email

You are welcome. It was a pleasure.
daycare 02:39 PM 07-28-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Right - because some of her posts come across sounding less than gracious - sometimes it's just the "tone of voice" she uses that makes her seem so "holier than thou." A little softer approach to the way things are said would enable me to hear what she's saying more than how she's saying it.
I think what is different about her is that she doesn't sugar coat her words and she is real to the point. Raw I guess you could say.... But talking to her you could hear the passion in her voice for what she does and what she knows....

if you took me for example would you know by my typing text words that I have a hard time with English words? Ok maybe you would as I do misspell everything....lol
daycare 02:45 PM 07-28-2011
do you take monopoly money?
otherwise Im forever in debt to you!
cheerfuldom 02:53 PM 07-28-2011
I like when people dont sugarcoat. I'm too busy to talk to anyone that cant get right to the point. I've talked to nanny and she really solved a few issues for me.
daycare 02:55 PM 07-28-2011
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I like when people dont sugarcoat. I'm too busy to talk to anyone that cant get right to the point. I've talked to nanny and she really solved a few issues for me.
it depends what they are talking about..... now if i ask you if I look fat in this dress, you better sugarcoat it.....lol

other wise...yes I am with you....get to the point already!!! lol
Cat Herder 03:56 PM 07-28-2011
I talk to Nan quite often, so I guess that is why I cannot understand why folks get so offended here.

I hear her sweet, funny, smarty pants self in my head and KNOW what she meant.

I guess it is time for youtube, Nan.
daycare 03:58 PM 07-28-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
I talk to Nan quite often, so I guess that is why I cannot understand why folks get so offended here.

becuase she knows more than them and thier jealous...............lol

sorry, I'm only joking.....

this is what I tell my kids when peopple don't understand them....
nannyde 05:41 PM 07-28-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:

He he he

I LOVE me some Cathearder nap convos

Just want to get you penciled in for my annual "I'm crying my head off because my baby is going to Kindy" therapy session.

Four weeks from today. 1 p.m. CST

Eat your wheaties that mornin.......... You'll need your strength.
cheerfuldom 05:48 PM 07-28-2011
it depends what they are talking about..... now if i ask you if I look fat in this dress, you better sugarcoat it.....lol

other wise...yes I am with you....get to the point already!!! lol
ha ha! well maybe I am unique but if I ask "do I look fat?", I really want to know! I can take a simple "yes please change before you scare the small children in the house"
dEHmom 05:59 AM 08-02-2011
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
ha ha! well maybe I am unique but if I ask "do I look fat?", I really want to know! I can take a simple "yes please change before you scare the small children in the house"
me too, but if dh doesn't answer the way i want to hear it, he gets a nice hand across the face. haha.

i want to know but i don't want to hear it. woman's prerogative?

as for Nan- I think Nan is very wise and the biggest contributor to daycare.com. She has the wisdom and the ability to make things as easy as possible and to come out with a smile on her face. Sometimes her posts seem harsh, or oldschool, but it works. No one in the world has to agree with anybody else on every single matter, and I've disagreed sometimes with Nan's ways and/or advice. But they are all tried and true. That's why she is so successful in what she does. I think if a lot of us on here were able to hear each other's voices in these conversations we would have a totally different opinion of each other. I always hear Nan's words in my head, but it's not her voice i hear, it's mine, with her words, and they come across short and to the point. Which makes them short and not so sweet. From what we've all read in Nan's posts, she may come across as a very tough person, and therefore, at least in my mind, I always imagined with a very hard and strong voice. The way Nan stands up for her beliefs and her rights, you wouldn't imagine a soft spoken person. Does that make sense?
morgan24 06:38 AM 08-02-2011
Even after being in the business for 17 years. I got advice from nannyde about a 4 year old who would not quit crying, I tried the advice she gave me and it worked. I like how she doesn't sugar coat anything, I'm like that and I appreciate it. Thanks Nan you and your invaluable advice are very much appreciated by me.
Former Teacher 08:41 PM 08-02-2011
I think we should have a NannyDe category!

Oh BTW: thanks for trying to help me Nan- XOXO
Michael 01:34 AM 08-03-2011
Originally Posted by Former Teacher:
I think we should have a NannyDe category!

Oh BTW: thanks for trying to help me Nan- XOXO
We tag her: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=nannyde

and bolgo her: https://www.daycare.com/nannyde
nannyde 07:38 AM 08-03-2011
But talking to her you could hear the passion in her voice for what she does and what she knows....
I did a radio show last night. My first live one.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/16398104
Blackcat31 07:48 AM 08-03-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:

Nice job! I bookmarked the site for future editions.
MommyMuffin 08:23 AM 08-03-2011

Now I can't wait until naptime. Can't wait to listen!!
Cat Herder 08:57 AM 08-03-2011

Great topics....
daycare 09:06 AM 08-03-2011

awe man my speakers are not working I could not listen to it...... I will have my son fix it when he gets home..... Can't wait!!!
Tags:nannyde, positive
Reply Up