Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Photos in Ads
sweet_cakes 10:10 AM 06-20-2014
When you post an ad on Craigslist or another online site, do you include photos of your set up? Playroom, outside play space, etc. Why or why not?
Little Buttons 10:25 AM 06-20-2014
I will include photos of my daycare space, backyard set up and things like that, however, I will not include photos of children or any obvious details that would let others know where I live.

I think as the saying goes a picture is worth a thousand words. I think as a parent I would want some idea of what the environment looks like prior to going through the interview process. Some adds on CL with photos would have completely ruled out a provider for me if I were looking for child care. Maybe I am coming off stuck up but if you cannot clean your home for the picture that will be in your advertisement I do not even want to know what it looks like on a regular day :-\

I think showing off your daycare space gives potential clients a better mental picture of your child care :-)
spud912 10:26 AM 06-20-2014
Yes definitely because I believe that's one of my selling points that sets me apart from the competition. I do not include pictures of the kids for privacy and safety reasons.
taylorw1210 10:56 AM 06-20-2014
Originally Posted by spud912:
Yes definitely because I believe that's one of my selling points that sets me apart from the competition. I do not include pictures of the kids for privacy and safety reasons.
Ditto to that. I can't tell you how many people have told me that they chose to contact me because my space looked fun and welcoming.
melilley 11:38 AM 06-20-2014
Originally Posted by spud912:
. I do show pictures of the kids, but only if you can't see their face. For instance, I posted a pic of two children painting, but you could only see their artwork and hands.
sweet_cakes 12:18 PM 06-20-2014
Awesome, thanks everyone! I want to put photos of my set up in an ad (no children of course) but I've noticed not many people in my area do have photos. It made me curious as to why some providers do or not not include photos of their space(s).
spud912 01:56 PM 06-20-2014
Originally Posted by sweet_cakes:
Awesome, thanks everyone! I want to put photos of my set up in an ad (no children of course) but I've noticed not many people in my area do have photos. It made me curious as to why some providers do or not not include photos of their space(s).
Just think of how much more that will set you apart from the others! I say that's a major plus for you!

Plus, I think when it comes to ads, people tend to be much more visual and often don't really read what's actually in the ad.
Michelle 05:19 PM 06-21-2014
I once saw an ad with a picture of kids lined up sitting in front of a TV watching cartoons
I am like wow, if I were shopping for child care, I would never call them!
TickleMonster 07:30 PM 06-21-2014
Yes we decided to add pictures to our ads and ended up receiving twice the calls that we did before! People see a clean, bright colorful environment and it really catches their interest.
MarinaVanessa 03:21 PM 06-23-2014
Originally Posted by sweet_cakes:
When you post an ad on Craigslist or another online site, do you include photos of your set up? Playroom, outside play space, etc. Why or why not?
I include photos of my setup because I want people to see my space and be interested in it. I think photos of the environment and even activities are a great way to draw people in. I sometimes include photos that show the children involved in play or an activity (looking down or away from camera, hands only etc).

Here's an example of my current ad:
http://ventura.craigslist.org/kid/4515854539.html
Tags:advertising ideas, photos in ads
Reply Up