Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>CA Rules
Unregistered 03:32 PM 02-13-2016
For CA, can I have my kitty litter box in the bathroom? Also, for anywhere, my TV stand is open shelves, no doors. Will the cable box, DVD player, all that with cables in the back, but accessible by children if they really put some effort into it (!) be a problem for licensing? Thanks!
NillaWafers 07:28 PM 02-13-2016
From my experience, it's really up to your inspector haha. The rules are really vague, so really up for interpretation. Considering what an anal-retentive state CA can be in other areas, the lax laws here really surprised me.

I would make sure your litter box is somewhere kids are not. IE - if kids use that bathroom not in there. If your cables are easily accessible might be an issue, but my licensor said nothing about my computer desk or tv stand, and the computer desk has a plug with plugs right underneath it - so if they really wanted to they could mess with it. Just do your best and then you'll know what you need to do once you have your first inspection.
sharlan 08:22 PM 02-13-2016
I always had my covered litter box in the bathroom without issue. My cable/DVD cords are in plain view.

BUT, what one analyst allows another will write you up.
Unregistered 12:19 PM 02-14-2016
One of my peeves about California is that licensing analysts appear to have so much latitude when doing inspections, that you truly never do know what to expect from one analyst to another. Luckily (?) I have a relatively laid-back analyst who is in and out in less than an hour. So long as I have my paperwork in order, working smoke detectors, and no bodies of standing water out back, she skates right through the inspection.

When I was first licensed, though, the analyst tried to tell me I had to uproot a bunch of roses in the front yard because of the thorns. I ended up having to get a written exemption in order to keep them, even though the dck's only encountered the roses while being picked up and dropped off.
Unregistered 07:28 PM 02-14-2016
Thanks! Guess I just have to wait and see
Lovisa 01:00 PM 02-16-2016
Probably depends on the analyst. When my house was checked, I asked her about my catbox which is in the laundry room (kids are regularly walking through that room to get to the backyard). She said it was no problem.
Reply Up